How To Create Your Cupcake Recipes

Discussion in Food & Drink started by DesignerMum • Mar 3, 2015.

1. DesignerMum

DesignerMumActive Member

Threads:
    I'm at beginner's level in baking cupcakes. I got my recipes by looking for them online. I go through a list of reference websites for cupcake recipes, when I am online. The range of wonderful types of cupcakes there are on the web simply amazes me.

There are basic cupcakes, like chocolate, vanilla, strawberry flavored, and then there are the more complicated ones, like cupcakes with sprinkles and other toppings. These I get from many sources, including old recipe books and modern cooking apps. I believe that they have been tried and tested before being shared online.

Another way to get a cupcake recipe is to convert cake recipes into cupcake recipes. So, if you have a regular cake recipe, like a classic Black Forest or a Red Velvet Cake recipe, you can convert those into cupcakes. What about you? Do you create your own cupcake recipe?

2. JoanMcWench

JoanMcWenchActive Member

Threads:
    It's good to start with a base & then work from there. Making cupcakes from cake recipes is a good idea as well but you have to make changes so the batter doesn't dry out when cooked in the smaller tins.

I use a base & tend to stick with what's in season. It helps with taste & the flavours build themselves.

3. blueeyes

blueeyesActive Member

Threads:
    I generally use my cake recipes to make cupcakes. I find cupcakes better for our household for a couple of reasons. My roomie likes vanilla icing while I like chocolate. Although I have done cakes with both, making cupcakes allows me to make some of each.