How to earn extra money online?

Discussion in Misc & Others started by Dora M • Mar 15, 2014.

1. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have been thinking about working some extra hours online for some residual income. I am thinking about trying to make about $15-20 a day with a couple of hours work. I know there are many different options, but most of those sites that I reviewed pay very little money. I read if you work really hard, you can have a decent income after a while. I just don't believe it. Have you got any experience with working for companies online? And can you suggest any sites?

2. angelicagapit

angelicagapitActive Member

Threads:
    I would probably try out a site called Neobux, which is an online site that pays you to click ads. However, you won't earn too much money by doing this alone on the site. Luckily, they have an option where you can rent referrals, and these referrals will do the clicking for you. It's a confusing, and sort of tedious process that is quite difficult to explain, but you'll get my point once you see that people are actually making money with this certain strategy of 'renting referrals'.

You can look into that strategy more by looking it up on Google. You can simply type 'Neobux Strategies' and loads of strategies will show up that will help you earn money on the site even more.

If you want to register, here's my referral link:

3. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Thanks a lot, I will be looking into it. I did quite a bit of research in the last week and found some interesting sites where it is possible to make about $15 a day with the skills that I have. So, I will be trying some of these places out and see if I pass their tests and other requirements. It would be so nice to have an extra few dollars at the end of the week, working from home and in between my other jobs. Thanks again!

4. mikelouis

mikelouisActive Member

Threads:
    I would suggest that you try freelance writing. Personally I started out on iwriter as a writer and after sometime I managed to be good at it and found more clients on other sites. I would advise you to start there also and see how far you can go. It is a good site but you must write quality articles to earn more.

5. Nicole87

Nicole87Member

Threads:
    I'd recommend to join Fiverr and create a few gigs. I'd recommend you to make either a writing or a proofreading gig as those type of gigs are very popular on Fiverr.

By the way, if you take my advice and join Fiverr, don't expect to make $15-20 a day starting from the first day. You'll need 5 orders a day to make $20 a day. At first, though, as you'll have no reviews, it might take some time before you get any orders at all. However, if you do make it to 5+ orders a day, you'll just love Fiverr.

6. marvelz

marvelzActive Member

Threads:
    Fiverr is really saturated at the moment with people trying to outdo each other for the same Gigs. If you're going to make one, you'd have to make sure it's unique from anything that's already on the site. It's either that, or you'll have to put more work in than other similar gigs just to stand out. For instance, If someone is offering to write a 600 word article for $5, you should offer a 700-800 word article if you want to see more than a couple of orders per day.

Also, be patient after you create a gig; it takes a while for it to start seeing impressions and clicks from the site in analytics unless you actively promote yourself around the internet.

7. marvelz

marvelzActive Member

Threads:
    I don't think Neobux is the answer he's looking for. It would take months and a lot of personal investment to see anything close to $15-20 a day from that site. I tried Neobux a few years ago, and seen very little in return from them.

The problem is the referral system. If you buy referrals from the site, some of them will stop clicking altogether after a couple of days, and remain inactive. What happens then is you get rid of those referrals and buy new ones. Those old referrals go back into the pool and become available for other members to buy.

See the problem there? The new referrals you buy to replace your old inactive referrals, are someone elses inactive referrals from a giant pool containing inactive and semi-active referrals. It doesn't work. Yes, new people signing up will be available to purchase as a referral for others, but there's no guarentee they will stick around. As a result, the referral pool gets even larger, giving you even less chance that you'll get any active ones.

The only way to make money from Neobux is to attract your own ACTIVE referrals outside of the site, and that takes time and a lot of effort to find those types of people. People who will log in EVERY DAY, and click ads EVERY DAY. The chances of finding thousands of people willing to do that for you are next to zero.

And let's not forget, for your referrals to remain active, they would also need to be making money from the site.

Neobux does work, but only for a very small minority of people who can attract thousands of referrals on a daily basis.

My opinion - Save yourself weeks/months of hard work and effort. Forget about Neobux.

#7Mar 21, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2014
  8. lizzief79

lizzief79Active Member

Threads:
    I would avoid Neobux and the like. Try freelance writing. Some potential sites to try out are Textbroker, Zerys, Demand Media Studios, Constant Content, Hire Writers, Bubblews and Skyword. I am a full-time freelance writer and make a living on these sites. I would say avoid iwriter. I had my work published and not paid for. However, I have heard other people say its not a bad place to write if you are just starting out and don't mind the low pay. If you don't mind bidding for work then also try out Freelance.com, elance.com or oDesk.

9. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Thanks everyone for your response. I will definitely research the sites that you recommended. Lizzief79, I really appreciate you naming all the sites that you find lucrative. It's really great to hear that you are able to make a living being a freelance writer on the internet. That's something I would like to explore. Even though I am not a native English speaker, I might just be able to pass. Or perhaps I might even find some sites in my own language. Thanks again for your help.

10. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Why don't you try writing articles for content mills? You could easily make more than $20 a day. Nonetheless you have to choose the site you write for carefully. I found a list of content mills here

. It was written a number of years back so some of the info on it may not be up to date.

But what have you to lose if you take a quick peek?

11. ladybug

ladybugMember

Threads:
    Thank you for all of the great suggestions everyone. I also think writing is one of the best ways to make money online and I've written some articles for Textbroker, but I think a person really needs to sign up with a few different sites in order to be able to earn money consistently. There were a few sites mentioned here that I hadn't heard of before, so again, thanks for sharing everyone. :)

12. Magicman94

Magicman94Member

Threads:
    I've had personal experiences with GPT sites like neobux and you definitely won't make $20 a day there, no matter how many you sign up for. Another option is to sell stock photos to sites like shutterstock.

13. Sweetkymom

SweetkymomActive Member

Threads:
    I suggest writing on Bubblews. You will not make $20 a day but you can make $50 every few days. You have to really write and socialize or you won't get anywhere. It takes me almost 4 days to make $50 if I'm up on it. It's really easy to earn on but if you want more you need to add a few other places on your belt.

14. deathbyprayer

deathbyprayerActive Member

Threads:
    The best and probably easiest way to earn to extra buck online is either through freelancing or writing. I've had experience with some paid forum postings, its not that hard of a job and it pays quite well compared to GPT sites, also there are a lot of sites for writers that offer $0.7 per word, like Zerys and Textbroker, you can make at least $25 here a day if you're good enough. Also, freelancing sites like oDesk and Freelancer offers a wide variety of jobs on an equally wide variety of skills, and you can ear as much as $70 with 6 hours of work.

15. owesem75

owesem75Active Member

Threads:
    In the age of Internet, you have to really find yourself an online work that will make you busy and earn from online. I found the Ignition Marketing based in the Philippines and for any Filipinos here wishing to know more about it, please visit

- Earn online, be an affiliate marketer. I am not sure if posting it here is wrong, thank you admin if you allow.. and sorry if it is not permitted and you may delete it. Thank you. :)

16. BrandonScooterman

BrandonScootermanActive Member

Threads:
    Have you ever looked into being a VA? VA's do clerical work online for customers from around the world and can pay what you are looking for in a day in an hour.

17. GemmaRowlands

GemmaRowlandsActive Member

Threads:
    I would also suggest that if you're a good writer, you try to find some people who would let you write for them. My best advice is to take a look at any companies who write a blog, and offer to write it for them. For such a small fee, they may well be more than willing to sign it over to you, as not many people can really be bothered with running a blog a lot of the time anymore.

18. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    This is quite interesting. Do you have any recommendations as to which websites we can work on?

19. BrandonScooterman

BrandonScootermanActive Member

Threads:
    Nope.
    I suggest doing a little research yourself on this one.
    Okay I lied I will give you one which is E-Lance, which you can do a bunch of jobs but virtual assistant is one of them.
    As ironic as it may seem, look locally too. Some cities have organizations to help get into the industry. It's a good way for them to boost employment in the area.

20. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    @BrandonScooterman@BrandonScooterman, Thanks, I remember creating an account there, but the bidding system turned me off, since it would be hard to get noticed that way. Maybe I should give Elance another try.