How To Keep Your Flats New For Longer?

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by isabbbela • Sep 1, 2015.

1. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I own many flats, but as I work in a large company and do lots of walking, they start looking ugly and worn out fast. And that means I need to keep buying new pairs and I end up spending too much money!
    Do you have tips to keep flats looking new for longer, and with that saving some money?

2. shoptodrop

shoptodropActive Member

Threads:
    You could try getting Scholl's for the souls of the shoe. Not wearing them that often too. Flats are hard to keep looking new because they're flimsier than tennis shoes for example. They're thin and don't have a lot of protection. So just try not wearing them all too often, but try and find some at an actual shoe store like Payless or Shoe Carnival. Maybe they'll hav better quality ones. Mine lasted for 2-3 years but they started wearing down into the 2nd year I believe. I have to buy new ones frequently. But I love them a lot and they go with everything, so I don't mind doing it. Especially if they're a great price.

3. KimmyMarkks

KimmyMarkksActive Member

Threads:
    This used to happen to me all the time. Now what I do is keep a pair of walking shoes at my desk for when I walk to work or run out for lunch. I only wear the flats when I walk around the office. Not walking a few blocks a day in them really makes a difference over the course of a few months.

4. jneanz

jneanzActive Member

Threads:
    I was shopping online recently and Easy Spirits look better than what they used to. Don't know your age but I'm assuming you like to coordinate. I can tell you that some of the "sensible" shoe brands of yesteryear (e.g.Naturalizer) seem to realize that 40 is the new 25 in terms of style and no longer look like old lady house shoes.

Otherwise, the only recommendation I can make is to spend more...maybe! More than a year ago, I lucked out on some ballet flats that were priced at around $70. I got them for about $25 and did a lot of serious outside walking. 18 months later, they still look new. In the meantime, I recently had to trash my Steve Madden and Kenny Cole slide sneakers that I bought around the same time.