How to make your room very lively and happening?

Discussion in Home & Garden started by akiii123 • Sep 8, 2014.

1. akiii123

akiii123Active Member

Threads:
    I recently shifted into a new hostel and the rooms are very gloomy over here. I cannot get any work done due to the lack of any good energy over here. All I feel like doing is sleep and nothing at all. However, when I was at home I could work for quite a long time and I was very mcuh productive. I feel it is due to gloominess that I feel very bored and sad over here.
    I would love to know any suggestions on how to make my room a better place to live.

2. DancingLady

DancingLadyActive Member

Threads:
    Hang up pictures or posters that have bright cheerful colors like sunflower yellow, bright red and orange. Think Spring colors and colors that reflect light, rather than absorb it. If lighting is an issue, you can buy a desk lamp and try full spectrum light bulbs to help compensate for the partial spectrum problems sometimes caused by cheap fluorescent lighting. Also try cracking your window if weather permits. Sometimes just getting some air circulation makes all the difference as a stuffy room is very bad for energy levels.

3. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I was going to suggest the same thing. Nothing brightens up a room faster than some good art. You don't have to buy anything. All the pictures you need are on the net. Just print the pictures and hang them on your walls. Nice pictures of beautiful landscapes, water falls, lovers kissing on the beach as the sun sets on the horizon, kids playing with pets. cute pictures of the young ones of animals.

That's how I make my rooms look good.

4. chiofthenorns

chiofthenornsActive Member

Threads:
    Add plants! Not the plastic or fake ones, too. There are indoor plants that are very easy to maintain. You can even choose flowering ones to make your room smell good. I know that hostels can sometimes smell unappealing.