How to naturally strengthen your immune system?

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by 003 • Jun 11, 2014.

1. 003

003Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I am recovering from sickness and sure my immune system is very crippled now. So, it's important that I take measures to strengthen it, because that will be my only source of strength. Another thing is that it must be natural, because I don't like taking supplements. Sometimes they are harmful if they were not administered properly like any medicines. What I think I should do to strengthen my immune system is that I must drink a lot of water and eat a lot of fruits that are rich in vitamin C. You, what do you do to strengthen your immune system?

2. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    These could also work:

- Sleep. 8 hours a day. I don't know know how that helps but giving your body rest will probably let it find ways to 'repair' itself.
    - Consume lots of yogurt in order to boast your 'friendly bacteria' count. They help enhance some immune functions.
    - Spend some time in the sun. The more vitamin D you get, the less likely you'll get respiratory infections.

3. etc

etcActive Member

Threads:
    What don't kill you can make you stronger. I see kids running around on the streets of suburbs chewing gum as their breakfast and eating unhealthy street food but turned out to be very healthy. This means they are more immune than those kids in the sterile environment. So once your body are used to things then consider yourself immune.

4. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I really agree with all of these tips!!
    Also, it's important to drink a lot of water, eat fruits and vegetables! Lots of vitamin C is great to raise your immune system as well!
    It's also very helpful to drink probiotic fermented milk drinks such as Yakult. I know people that drink those daily and swear by them to increase your immune system.

5. Hedonologist

HedonologistActive Member

Threads:
    Make sure you are active. The lymphatic system is activated by muscle contractions so by doing exercise you are helping in that way. Taking vitamin supplements or foods high in vitamin C may also help. One other thing that hasn't been mentioned is hot baths. Inducing a fever is an ancient method of curing certain ailments and I can cetainly attest to its effectiveness.

6. Grapejars

GrapejarsNew Member

Threads:
    I agree with the vitamin c and vitamin d, but I would add echinacea to the mix. Echinacea has been used forever to reduce inflammation and strengthen immune systems. Research has been inconclusive, but there are numerous anecdotal reports of the effectiveness of this supplement. When I feel a cold coming on, I personally take 5000 IU of Vitamin D3 and 1000mg of Vitamin C, along with the echinacea. I haven't gotten a cold in years. When I'm feeling well, I just take lower doses to keep the immunity strong. Good luck!