How To Recover In The New Year?

Discussion in Seasonal & Holidays started by ExpertAdvice • Jan 3, 2015.

1. ExpertAdvice

ExpertAdviceActive Member

Threads:
    HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!

Yup! It's a new year! It's 2015, and is probably most often the case, we are, along with setting our awesome resolutions, settling down into "de-stressing" from the hectic period that came along with the Christmas season, with entertaining family and friends in our homes, eating all that food, buying all those gifts!!!

We probably have quite a few financial expenses dealing with at the moment as well, whether it be for loans that were taken out to "meet the season", or just for everyday expenses that accelerated last year.

So...what's the plan?!

What I'd like to know from you all is what are you planning to do this year in order to ensure the following:

1. That you make a good, solid change for the better this year: whether it be in your attitude, your spending habits or your love life
    2. That you remain consistent with the positive changes that you make, and
    3. That you don't make the same mistakes that you made last year, ever again (or at least reduce that chance significantly)?

Let me know!!!

New Year 2015.

2. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I've stopped making new year's resolutions because I always seem to throw them out the window within the first two months of the year :( But I have set myself some goals that I will strive to meet in 2015.

- To be more organised and manage my time better

-To find two more viable online jobs and earn a decent wage from them

- To be more focused with regards to my online work, by cutting right back on doing too much research as opposed to actual work, thereby earning money

- To try to have a real go at article writing and earning money from it, basically not letting fear of failure hold me back!

- To have an overall more productive and successful year than I did in 2014 :)

3. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I like being honest with myself. The new year could be great for motivating someone to get rid of bad habits, be a better person, save more, etc, etc but in the end it's one's commitment to achieving whatever goal they have set that will see them achieve it.

I'm going to try something new this year.I'll live one day at a time. If I can't change anything in my life today then at least I can do something that will make it easier for me to get what I wanted some other day.

As for mistakes. Well I don't know. Sometimes no matter how hard one can try it's part of being human to make mistakes. I'll take precautions to avoid them but should anything happen then I'll try to fix them immediately.

4. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I decided a long time ago to be the best version of myself that I can possibly be. Whatever makes me and my family happy and I live that every day. No new years day will start any changes that I haven't already implemented a while ago. Everyone should live in such a way that they don't need resolutions.. resolutions go down the toilet.

5. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I think that many of us have long learnt to not over-indulge at the end of the year. I am one of those people. Christmas and New Year don't faze me. They just come and go like any other time of the year. I think the best way to "recover" is to think about prevention rather than cure. :) Also, all those good intentions for the new year are rarely followed through. To change one's habits, or to change one's life forever, one doesn't need to wait for the end of the year. One can do it any day. :)

6. Nickchick

NickchickWell-Known Member

Threads:
    All things that I can think of that would be resolutions would be relying on others to achieve them. I wish I could say that I could follow my goal/dream of getting a job but I can't make someone hire me otherwise I would have already had. A lot of people say I need to have a more positive attitude but I can't fix that either because my attitude relies on results.
    I guess I'm not going to change anything because I've been trying the best I can to get what I need sometime last year and try to go in with no expectations.