How to save BIG on filter replacements on new refrigerators!!

Discussion in Home & Garden started by charmente • Sep 11, 2014.

1. charmente

charmenteNew Member

Threads:
    Hi Everyone!

I'm brand new here and this is actually my first post. I hope you find this post useful, it has saved us ALOT of money on
    replacement filters. If you have one of the newer refrigerators you would want to check this out. Last summer we purchased
    a new refrigerator at Sears. We asked the sales associate what it would cost to replace the water filter (not realizing it also
    has an air filter which has to be replaced about every 6 months also). She replied that we can purchase them in the store for
    about $60 for one filter. This year (after replacing them), I began to grumble about the cost and every 6 months seemed to
    come around pretty quick. It didn't sound so bad when you were paying thousands for a refrigerator, $60, that's not so bad.
    Well, I live on the internet and one day I decided to check out other suppliers for our filter. Lo and behold people, I found our
    filter for $16 for one replacement filter!!! You could have knocked me over with a feather! This company has filters for ALL of
    the major brands. Come to find out, our filter is the exact same as one used by LG, and to top it off and save EVEN MORE, they
    offered a auto-ship service (which I gladly authorized) whereby every 6 months (before that demonic red light flashes lol), they
    will automatically send us the replacement filter & we don't have to even THINK about it. But it gets even BETTER. We were
    able to link it to our Amazon account and take advantage of our Prime membership and save the shipping costs!!. I'm not posting
    the name of the company I found yet in here because I am brand new and dont want to run foul of the rules, but I found the
    company by searching for my filter model number replacement and tons of suppliers popped up, even they have slightly different
    prices so ck them each out until you are satisfied. You will save a BUNDLE. (Price I mentioned was for the water filter only, but they
    also sell the air filters too).