How to save money - the funny way!

Discussion in Misc & Others started by prettycolors • May 29, 2014.

1. prettycolors

prettycolorsActive Member

Threads:
    How to cut costs:

- hop instead of walking: makes your shoes last longer!
    - don't buy chewing gum: chew an elastic band with some toothpaste on.
    - watch TV with just one eye open: you'll save on expensive glasses.
    - don't tell your kids when they were born: save insane amounts on presents.

Feel free to add more!

P.S. - this is a parody obviously, we're too serious around here :p

2. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Heard the song by Dolly Parton "The Coat of Many Colors?"

Well instead of getting rid your old clothes you could patch them up to make for yourself, clothes of many colors. Saves you the need to buy any new clothes because you can always sew up the rags . . .

Scour the neighborhood for roadkill. If you're lucky and find something, you can store it in your fridge and forget about buying food for a few days.

#2May 30, 2014
    Last edited: May 30, 2014
  3. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Don't use sanitary napkins anymore, use your old, tattered clothes instead!

Don'y buy shampoo anymore, just use soap on your hair and scalp!

Place some buckets outside your house when it rains, so that you can save on water!

Come to think of it, those 3 are funny, yet practical ways to save money, isn't it?

4. 003

003Well-Known Member

Threads:
    Okay, if we are looking for a funny ridiculous way, I think one who will do it should stop eating and keep on working. Don't use light. Do everything you need to do under the sunlight, open your windows if you don't feel like burning yourself right under the heat of the sun. Don't change clothes. Keep wearing the same clothes for a week without having them to put in the laundry and having them washed. Take a bath once a week or once a month. Stop using air conditioner. Turn off the lights all the time unless you really need it. Conserve, conserve, conserve everything. This is the stupid funny way. But if you are serious about it and want a realistic way to do it, then spend your money to earn extra cash like and save some, like buying under the site where they give you cash backs which is amounted to a certain percentage from the original item that you bought. You can check ebates for here.

5. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    These are all things my mother used to do as a kid. The first one is especially gross. She told me that's where the phrase "on the rag" comes from. I'm not sure how truthful that is.

--Never buy sugar and flour. Just borrow from your neighbors.
    --Don't pay for internet service. Borrow bandwith from your neighbors

6. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I came across this one today and thought it could fit well here. Here we go:

Why buy food when you can get free food at funerals? All you need is your black suit to pass off as a mourner, find out where the funerals are and you won't have to concern yourself with buying food ever again.