How to shape eyebrows

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by chiofthenorns • Oct 16, 2014.

1. chiofthenorns

chiofthenornsActive Member

Threads:
    Every day, I have to struggle to make my eyebrows look the same. It's just so difficult! The fact that my eyebrows are not really that symmetrical even without makeup doesn't help at all.

Can you give me tips on how to properly shape my eyebrows? Thanks a lot!

2. jackslivi

jacksliviMember

Threads:
    Here is a little tip, your eyebrows are like sisters. They are never perfect. I wish you could just shape one side and the other side look the same. It would be so easy. I found on pinterest an amazing tip.

If you have a eyebrow pencil take the pencil and hold it out in front of you with the ends pointing up and down. Then take the pencil and put it to your eye right next to your nose. Your eyebrow hair should be lined up with the tip of your eye next to your nose.

When you start to shape the back part of your brow, by your hairline, line up your pencil with your lips. You will have to probably draw a diagonal line in order for it to match up. It is kind of difficult to do the first couple of times.

I also recommend using a pencil to help shade in. Remember a little goes a long way so take your time and step back from the mirror a lot. That will help in getting it almost perfect.

3. DancingLady

DancingLadyActive Member

Threads:
    it's not that big a deal if they are not totally symmetrical, most people are not. To shape them, carefully select a few hair to pluck to even things out. I usually pluck from the bottom when I do it. Just one hair at a time and check to see how it looks. It probably will not take much to get a better look.

4. Danyel72

Danyel72Active Member

Threads:
    This is my suggestion...
    It's hard to start out and get them perfect! I do my daughters, although I have been doing eyebrows for years, they are never exactly the same. Just once go and have them done professionally and then when they start to grow in you will have a guideline to follow. You may have to do this every few months but it may be worth spending a little money if your having a hard time with them.

Hope this helps,
    Danyel :)

5. Zyni

ZyniWell-Known Member

Threads:
    If you're messing with them every day, you're going to end up with no eyebrows at all. It's impossible to make them 100% perfect and you will keep plucking and fussing until they are all gone. I have a daughter who does this. I had to hide all the tweezers! :p I would second the advice Danyel gave. Get them done once and then you'll have a guide. It's well worth it.

6. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Besides getting them done professionally and then keeping up the plucking, you can pluck stray hairs and from underneath the neaten them. The old pencil trick from the nose to the eye works so you know where they should end, but it's what suits you face shape and eye shape to be honest.

Keeping them neat and the same can be hard as not all eyebrows are identical. I have slightly different eyes and eyebrows so you learn to adjust.

7. eppie

eppieActive Member

Threads:
    I've really have thick eyebrows but it's a good thing that they are shaped naturally. So I only need to pluck a few of it on the sides and also the few ones in between them (above the nose). I've been noticing that thick eyebrows are making a comeback so I'm really glad that I didn't shaved them like what my friends did many years ago. Now they are having a hard time growing back their brows as it's already very thin and they always have to use pencil liners to make it look decent. :(

8. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I am not very good at taming my eyebrows either. Maybe it's a matter of personal preference. I quite like them in disarray although slight overgrowth ruffles me at times, depending on where it grows. There's this product I found online which helps tame your eyebrows and shape them according to your wishes:

. I don't use products like this one, however. You can have the overgrowth removed through laser so your eyebrows can follow a definite pattern.

9. lrd913

lrd913Active Member

Threads:
    My mother always told me that eyebrows "are sisters, not twins", so it's okay if they don't look the same. I have very light (almost light blond) eyebrows and I have to fill them in. If I don't I look like I don't have any. My sister on the other hand has really dark eyebrows and I've always been jealous. She has to shape and pluck them quite often to keep them in-line. I can let mine go for months if I don't mess with them.

I usually use a brow pencil and just lightly stroke to add some color to my brows. Then I will add a brow powder onto the top since that helps to fill in any spots. They never look identical but they don't have to.

10. chiofthenorns

chiofthenornsActive Member

Threads:
    Thanks for all the tips and suggestions! I go to the salon to have them shaved, and I think that that's the problem. Maybe, I should get a wax or a threading, so they will look more even.