How To Stay Cool In Hot Weather?

Discussion in Travel started by H.C. Heartland • Jan 29, 2015.

1. H.C. Heartland

H.C. HeartlandActive Member

Threads:
    Does anyone have any advice on how to stay cool in hot weather? I see one post about T-Shirts that is a very good idea. Also some have suggested leaving early in the morning and staying out of the sun when it is its hottest. My personal favorite is wetting a bandanna and putting it around your wrist or neck, this is a great way to cool down those regulators that will help the entire body. What about you? Do you have any special tips for me? We have recently moved locations and it is very hot here! I think I'm going to die.

2. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Living in the tropics require strategy and common sense when it comes to wearing clothes. Although there is a growing number of fashionistas here, when summer strikes, everyone can't help but be practical. There'd be a smattering of sleeveless clothes, shorts, mini skirts, wide-brimmed hats, caps and fans. These types of clothes and accessories actually "preserve" a degree of coolness even in the face of a blazing sun. Some people always bring coolers or bottled water with them.

3. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It can be very hard to stay cool in hot weather. We live in a very hot, semi arid country where temperatures constantly top the 30 degrees celcius mark. We often have to take three showers a day. We also drink a lot of liquids and try to keep out of the sun as much as is possible. We keep the fan on virtually the whole day. Further than that, I'm not sure what else you can do but wear light cotton clothes.

4. valiantx

valiantxActive Member

Threads:
    Usually there's humid hot and arid hot weathers, which I prefer the latter over the former any day or night. For humidly hot weather, clothes made of cotton or natural plant fabrics are best to wear because it doesn't trap as much heat and can be worn wet at various places of one's body - this is applicable for aridly hot places too. For hot arid places allow for more variations of clothing ranging from silk, cotton, hemp, and others, because evaporation will occur far faster in such a type of weather. Also, drink water as much as possible, do not conserve as much because it is better to have water in your body to stay hydrated than outside of it!

5. angelicagapit

angelicagapitActive Member

Threads:
    I'm currently living in the Philippines, and it's really hot and humid. What I do is I wear flip flops, shorts, sometimes a tank top or a really thin T-shirt. I also carry around a handkerchief for when I sweat because I get really uncomfortable when my sweat drips all over my neck.

At first when I moved here, I get easily irritated, but now I'm kind of getting used it.

6. 003

003Well-Known Member

Threads:
    Enjoy that hot weather if you are talking about the mood. Of course in hot weather it's important to keep your cool both physically and mentally. But if you are talking specifically how you are going to have your body to stay cool while getting scorched under the searing temperature, well, all I have to suggest is to drink a lot of water, preferably cold and eat a lot of fruits. And of course protect your skin with sunblock, though this one might not probably cool your body, but sure it's gonna protect your skin from the diseases that you could get from exposing yourself to the exceeding radiation emitted by the sun.