How to stop smoking fast?

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by andymark25415 • Feb 28, 2014.

1. andymark25415

andymark25415Banned

Threads:
    Can anybody suggest me how to stop smoking fast?

2. deansaliba

deansalibaActive Member

Threads:
    I stopped smoking by simple willpower along. But I understand that not many people can do this, I owuld suggest the new e-cigarettes that are available, they cost about the same price as a packet of cigarettes and I have plenty of friends and family members using them and they have found giving up so much easier. The only downside is that people tend to use them a little bit too much and I'm not sure if they can become addictive themselves.

3. Gmac9100

Gmac9100Active Member

Threads:
    I am sorry to say that I have yet to see this happen. Smoking is generally considered an addiction. Although everyone is different, and anything is possible. I have never heard of anyone claiming to have quit smoking in a short amount of time. It takes people years, it at all to stop the habit. I wish you luck, but your expectations maybe a little too high.

4. crimsonghost747

crimsonghost747Active Member

Threads:
    Just stop. It can't be that hard, just be a man and suck it up.
    Never smoked, never will, but I have stopped using a lot of other things such as alcohol, certain foods, computers etc. All done with the simple "not touching that thing anymore" attitude. If you want to do it, you can. Simple as that.

5. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The best advice is to simply stop, with big determination it is possible. At the same time, try to keep your mouth busy with something and try to avoid your common "smoke situations". If you have a medical condition that might be the better motivation of all.

6. clairebeautiful

clairebeautifulActive Member

Threads:
    This.

I really appreciate the honesty here because it is all so true. Any product that claims you can quit overnight (and for good) is a gimmick. The fact is, it is a daily battle and depending on how long you've smoked, you might be dealing with that first thing in the morning craving FOREVER.

My husband quit by weaning himself from cigarettes to dip, then quitting dipping. Even today, when he's under a ton of stress, he craves either a cigarette or dip. He just does. It is his willpower alone that keeps him from doing it.