How would you decorate your home this Christmas?

Discussion in Home & Garden started by chiofthenorns • Oct 14, 2014.

1. chiofthenorns

chiofthenornsActive Member

Threads:
    The Christmas season is just around the corner, and many people near where I live are already listening to Christmas songs. I expect that in a few weeks, they will start decorating their homes.

This year, I think that we won't have too many decorations. Last year, some of our lights broke because they were left turned on for a long time. We will of course have a Christmas tree though.

How will you decorate your home this year?

2. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    We have decorated our house last year, but the years before that we didn't, and this coming Christmas I doubt if we will decorate it. It depends if they feel like it. If I have my own place I really wouldn't bother though, lol. I'm too lazy to put the decorations up and to take them down.

3. 003

003Well-Known Member

Threads:
    For Christmas, I would be decorating my house with the same old decoration I used in the past years. But I wouldn't no longer use those that doesn't look appealing anymore if I wouldn't be able to find a way to to recycle them to have the a new nice look. And I also, I would be decorating almost all the places in the house from the living room to the kitchen to the bathroom, to evoke the feel of the Christmas so well. It only happens in a year, so it's important that it feels like it's really Christmas during this season.

4. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'll just use the decorations that I've collected over the years. I have a couple of ceramic Christmas village houses that are miniature Walmarts, and this year I saw a little ceramic Christmas trailer park that lights up so I might buy it and place it next to my miniature Walmarts.

5. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    We didn't decorate this past season and we haven't done so for a few years now although I think that's mainly because of our slightly specific circumstance such as not being at home during the holiday itself due to being at our relatives' home as we visit every year. Also we live in a compound so the exterior is always decorated for everyone so we don't feel too pressured to spruce up the interiors since the exteriors are already taken care of and it's always nice enough that you don't need to do much on the inside to feel the spirit.