How You Can Sell Life Insurance Over The Phone

Discussion in Life & Health Insurance started by Justice • May 7, 2012.

1. Justice

JusticeNew Member

Threads:
    Selling life insurance can be quite tough for most insurance agents. The hardest challenge which is faced by most of them is the lack of new prospects. This is the most essential aspect for the success of an insurance agent, and finding the most efficient method to get in touch with potential customers is very important. Taking into consideration all the distinct types of prospecting as well as their cost versus benefit ratios, telemarketing will still be the most inexpensive way of obtaining new clients.

1. Try developing a telephone script. Since you have already decided to use the phone, creating a telemarketing script is very important as it gets the attention of the prospect fast, piques their interest as well as entices people to continue the actual conversation. You may start with a basic sales talk path and refine your script as you will be getting more experience on the way.

2. Try to fill out forms on your computer. As soon as you have successfully transitioned a prospect into a sale, you should go through the application and enter their details into the paperwork. An insurance agent with experience must be able to fill out an insurance application over the phone with a prospect in only a few of minutes.

3. You should print and then mail the application. After finishing the phone call, you should print out the insurance documents and prepare them for mailing. The manila will envelope work best because the paperwork may be placed without being folded, while it will still remain room for another envelope. Don`t procrastinate regarding mailing out any completed insurance applications.

4. After three/four days, you should get in contact with the prospect again for ensuring receipt of their application paperwork. You should review all the documents, if necessary, answer any possible questions and ask them to return the application at their earliest convenience.

5. Try to forward any returned applications. When the life insurance application of a prospect will be returned to your office, you have to review it to be sure all signatures have been affixed in their right locations as well as any missing details have been added. Mail completed documents along with any initial premium checks which might have been included.

These are just some basic tips which can be considered when using the phone method for selling life insurance.

2. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I use seminars to sell insurance. I talk to a large number of prospects at one time. I provide valuable information in a non-threatened situation.

3. stuartkarim

stuartkarimNew Member

Threads:
    i really make sure that I know all of the details when I sell insurance.

4. Esperahol

EsperaholActive Member

Threads:
    I'm not really sure what this thread is for. I mean this isn't really a deal or anything. So... I don't know.

5. dexterlablab1

dexterlablab1Active Member

Threads:
    Well honestly, most people like to handle those kind of matters in person. You're asking way too much to expect but so many people to willingly handle something as important as insurance over the phone. Most people are very careful about their personal information

6. vida_llevares

vida_llevaresActive Member

Threads:
    I also suggest you initiate personal or face-to-face meetings with your prospects. I mean, for my own point of view, if I would buy life insurance, I will buy it from someone I talk to personally.

7. Traveller

TravellerMember

Threads:
    Being able to close a sale over the phone consistently is an important skill for an insurance agent to have.

This white paper shows tips and techniques based on the experiences of actual agents to help you do so. Talking to prospects over the phone has you somewhat at a disadvantage, because you are limited only to verbal cues. You will not be able to see facial expressions and body language, and adjust your sales pitch accordingly.

In spite of this, you need to be able to keep them interested and convince them to buy insurance.

As you get better in making sales over the phone, you can use the confidence you have gained to get better in other areas of your insurance career.