How you choose your internet service provider?

Discussion in Phone, Internet & TV started by Ricardo187 • Oct 31, 2013.

1. Ricardo187

Ricardo187New Member

Threads:
    Hello everybody. What do you look for when choising your internet provider? Speed? Price? Quality? All of them together? Well, I look especially at price and quality. Speed is almost the same within all the providers here at France. I also look at the signal cover and do some researches to see what's the most used by the local habitants. The support service is also an important point for me.

What about you?

2. mareebaybay

mareebaybayActive Member

Threads:
    I like to choose my internet provider based on the highest quality brand. I like to have a brand that is fast and does not cost me that much money overall. I usually bundle with a brand, by getting all three services.

3. amy005

amy005Active Member

Threads:
    I try to go with the fastest and most reasonable options out there. However, I just moved into a new home in a pretty small town and unfortunately there is only one option for internet here. It is kind of reasonable and pretty fast, but I think I would prefer if there were more options to choose from.

4. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:

I usually look for price and speed. Usually I look around and do some research before picking one. I ask family friends co workers etc about their internet providers so I can consider all my options than I compare cons and pros and pick the best one.

5. Plinko

PlinkoMember

Threads:
    I had to go with quality over economy. My daughter telecommutes and her employer would have a fit if she didn't have a totally reliable internet connection. There is another company in town that has lower rates, but they are known for not being as stable as the higher priced company. But if my daughter wasn't required to have a stable connection, I'd probably go for the cheaper company and hope they didn't crash when I was watching videos, lol.

6. caparica007

caparica007Banned

Threads:
    The price is the main factor. Sure, I check if it is a reliable company and if their offer comes in a package that makes it even cheaper, but these days it's all pretty much about the price.

7. Bolt

BoltWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have tried a few internet service providers and none of them have been very good because we are located on the outer edge of the internet exchange area.

I will consider switching to BT broadband as they are offering their BT Sport channel for free to all BT broadband users. It sounds like a good deal to me...

8. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I definitely consider the price and speed, and the feedback of other people regarding their experience with that particular service provider.

9. mareebaybay

mareebaybayActive Member

Threads:
    When choosing Internet Service Providers, I try to choose the best option for my needs. I mean I am someone who enjoys television and internet about equally. Then I am also a person who has a cell phone, so I don't require a land line service. I just try to make the best decision possible.

10. BrianWolfe

BrianWolfeMember

Threads:
    I usually pick it for it's quality, value for money and customer service. The customer service from some service providers is just horrendous sometimes.

11. TheViper

TheViperActive Member

Threads:
    I choose my current ISP randomly as I need internet. My brother lapsed on the internet bill and we found out at the last moment. The internet got canceled and got dsl and did a little google search. Found this internet at a reasonable price and ordered the same day. The internet got turned on 5 days later.

12. jbepp

jbeppMember

Threads:
    I usually look for quality and speed. Price I don't mind as long as it's not something ridiculous.
    Speed is very important for me because I download 2-3GB daily and without a fast connection it would suck. Quality is also important because I play video games online.

13. pandandesign

pandandesignActive Member

Threads:
    I would choose an internet service provider based on the price and what kind of internet plan it offers. I tend to choose a well-known internet service provider because that's what most people would look for when they choose a specific brand or company that has been in business for a long period of time. I would think it's a good idea to actually look for different internet service providers to see which is suitable for you.

14. rossonomous

rossonomousActive Member

Threads:
    I base it on speed and uptime.

I do a lot of gaming and downloading so a great speed that is up all the time is my perfect scenario.

15. thomas pendrake

thomas pendrakeActive Member

Threads:
    I was on AT&T but found that the pricing was outrageous. I switched to Comcast at a higher speed, but found that transfer rates and how long it takes to get to a site and get data are not the same thing as how fast data downloads or uploads. If it takes 15 seconds longer to get to a piece of data that takes 2 or 3 seconds to download, saving a second doesn't really mean much.

16. JoeyJ

JoeyJBanned

Threads:
    I myself look for speed compared to price. I will NEVER buy DSL, and it's amazing it's still offered. Fiber is a DEFINITE requirement. I won't take any speed less than 25 mbps

17. pandandesign

pandandesignActive Member

Threads:
    Does fiber offer internet speed that's faster than 25 mbps? I would think 15 mbps is already fast enough for me.

18. Nickchick

NickchickWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't. I am forced to have Xfinity just like I am with the cable. Their triple play is a bunch of bull. They may be fast but they charge an arm and a leg. Plus everytime the electric goes out, their internet takes a while to come back on. There are random outages sometimes too. The corporates are a bunch of arrogant SOBs. Mom and I want Fios so bad. I have heard great things about it. They're starting to rub it in my face because I see ads everywhere about how you get a gift card if you sign into their contract. Bring it here!!! I already wanted it and now that you get a big card for joining, I want it even more now.

#18Dec 3, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2013
  19. shother

shotherMember

Threads:
    The most important thing for me is speed and if the company is a trusted one. Then I check the prices and compare.

20. stacyje

stacyjeActive Member

Threads:
    I like to choose my internet provider by the speed and the price, I like good service with a great price, right now am Att . i have broadband cause I have like 5 computers that are constantly going all day, So I need good speed and a fair price, I don't have any complaints as of now.