Huntington National Bank

Discussion in Bank Accounts started by kinser • Apr 18, 2012.

1. kinser

kinserActive Member

Threads:
    I like the fact that this bank has implemented a new policy that gives account-holders a day's chance to put their accounts into the "positive" without automatically accruing an overdraft fee by miscalculating and overusing a debit card. I have always been meticulous about minding my accounts and keeping strict account of my balance, but husband has not always followed the same standard (although it's been a very long time, as I keep a very close eye on him too now, LOL). Now Huntington has gotten my nod of approval for not "nickel and diming" their least-wealthy customers to death. Thumbs up on this one. I hate paying any kind of bank fees.

2. bunky

bunkyNew Member

Threads:
    Don't bank with Huntington Bank. The 24 hour grace program may intice you to switch banks, but there are loopholes in that program that allow them to charge overdraft fees. You don't actually have 24 hrs. You will receive a notice that your account is overdrawn and you must make a deposit that day. You could also receive a notice and even though you make a deposit that business day and bring the account positive, if another item goes through that evening, you will still receive the overdraft fee. I fell for the advertisements which made you feel that if you are not the most responsible person with your checkbook, for "whatever" reason, the 24 hr grace checking is for you. Well, it certainally has not worked out for me. I have received overdraft charges even when I brought the account positive during the banking office hours. It's better to stay with your current bank especially if you receive other incentives such as points. Huntington Bank doesn't offer that and points can easily add up especially if you rarely overdraw your account.