I can't see clearly now...

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by MrsJones • Jan 13, 2015.

1. MrsJones

MrsJonesActive Member

Threads:
    I hate bifocals!!! I didn't think I was going to have such a problem with them but I do. It's been twelve years and I still haven't gotten use to them. I complain every time I see my eye doctor - every single time. I understand the purpose of them but I don't need them. They are for reading mostly but I'm at the computer most of the time and I can see just find. When I'm looking at television I find myself turning my head this way or that way. They are really a pain. If I didn't have to wear glasses I would throw them in the trash. Even with my transitions I have problems. I just want single lenses so that I can see clearly.

Does anyone else have a problem with bifocals?

2. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yes, bifocals are really like that. Although I have mild astigmatism, my doctor didn't recommend me to wear one. I simply wear normal glasses, the lens of which were set in accordance with my vision. I tried my mom's bifocals some time ago and they got my vision all blurry, making it difficult for me to see things. Is it necessary for you to wear them? If it's not, then just switch to an ordinary pair of glasses.

3. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I only have myopia, and my grade is only 110, so I don't wear one. My parents do wear one, and I tried them on and everything got really blurry. Their grade is very high too.

4. MrsJones

MrsJonesActive Member

Threads:
    I thought about that if it is 'necessary' to wear bifocals too. My hesitancy with that is if the insurance will pay for single vision if I have previously been prescribed bifocals. I also thought of just paying out of pocket for single vision then I wouldn't have to worry about the insurance. But that's what insurance is for :(. I think I am going to make that a challenge on my next visit which will be soon.

5. selina

selinaMember

Threads:
    Yes, I don't like bifocal but it isn't so much that I have an issue wearing bifocals. It's only one more phase of being middle aged. Everything I need to finish the look of the 'excellent moderately aged lady' is a chain so I could wear them around my neck.

6. troutski

troutskiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Why wouldn't you just ask for single vision lenses? If you don't want the bifocals, then your optometrist can't exactly say no. Your insurance is guaranteed to cover both types of lenses. The insurer isn't going to penalize you for going to a different type of lens. In fact, it'll probably cost you less money because it costs them less money. Otherwise, paying out of pocket for prescription glasses doesn't actually cost that much. You could easily pay less than $200.