I DO love my sandwich maker ! !

Discussion in Product Reviews started by Happyflowerlady • Jan 16, 2015.

1. Happyflowerlady

HappyflowerladyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have always enjoyed a grilled cheese sandwich, but i rarely take the time to make one. I just toast the bread and stick a slice of cheese in between. So, I was really happy when I found a sandwich maker at the thrift store on Dollar Day. Today, we made sandwiches with it, and that little gadget works great ! I had to look online and see what else they are good for, and amazingly.....they are great for making all kinds of things.
    You can make pancakes, french toast, omelets for your breakfast. Mix up some cornbread batter, add some hotdog slices, and you have little corndog bites.
    Jam or pie mix in between the bread turns it into an Apple or cherry pie, and those little regrigerated cinnamon rolls will even cook in the sandwich maker, so you can have a hot cinnamon roll along with your morning coffee.
    There are all kinds of recipe ideas on the internet, these are just a few of the things I read about. I think it is definitely worth having one of these if you find a good buy on one.

2. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I had one in my dorm room at University and it was a lifesaver for midnight snacks, I could make cheese sandwiches, defrost some hash browns on it and also make a toasted egg sandwich. These days they have so many other functions too and are quicker to clean than the stove. I saw a video and how some one used a waffle maker to make omelets and then also rosti. People think you always have to have bread and you don't it's like a mini hot plate and these days I like to toast a tortilla wrap.

3. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I also love my sandwich maker, it's a true life saviour!! When we're broke, lazy or out of meal ideas, that's one of the things that we rush to use. It helps that they're also very tasty:) It also helped me a lot when I was at Uni, where we had to put up with horrible food.

4. ReadWriteLearnLove

ReadWriteLearnLoveActive Member

Threads:
    What an awesome find and great buy at the thrift store! The corndog idea is really interesting, have you actually tried it yet? My kids love corn dogs and this would be a really cool, fun way of serving them...of course I'd have to get a sandwich maker first!

5. missbishi

missbishiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Sandwich toasters are a fantastic invention! I had one when I was a college student and I used it all the time. It livens up boring cheese sandwiches and gives them that lovely golden crust. I also used to like egg and baked bean toasties.