I don't understand kids fashion today.

Discussion in Misc & Others started by deathbyprayer • Jun 12, 2014.

1. deathbyprayer

deathbyprayerActive Member

Threads:
    The way they dress now is so weird! Most teenage girls I see around are just baring their skin and the guys all wear skin tight jeans with weird hair. I mean yes it's self expression and I understand that but wearing almost nothing when going out?

2. Nickchick

NickchickWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Huh. I don't think I see much of guys with weird hair. It's usually the girls. They'll have every color under the sun on their hair. There are a few guys that have weird hair but they are a rare sight for me.
    Haven't teenage girls had the provocative clothing for a while now?

3. 003

003Well-Known Member

Threads:
    Kids, you mean kids and not teenagers? I think during the time that kids are kids is the time that they should be worn according to parent's preferences. And also this is the time that they could wear daring clothes, because there are still nothing to see them! So, it's just pretty fine.

4. eppie

eppieActive Member

Threads:
    I'm fine with weird combinations of colors and prints or when they have lots of accessories, etc.. what I will not tolerate (for my teenage daughters) will be too short shorts, plunging necklines, see-through clothing and other too-revealing clothes.

I remember how my mom also use to tell me that I dress really weird when I was still young (that was the 80's). But she's fine with it too as long as I don't wear revealing clothes. :D I wonder how my kids will react to their own kids' dress style in the future. :rolleyes:

5. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't understand the teenagers dress. I don't mind the colorful hair because I used to add unusual colors to my hair too! I still get the urge to do it now. ;)

I do agree that girls show way too much skin. Even at my smallest, I would never reveal that much skin, but that's how I was raised. I don't understand why some boys wear skinny jeans. It just shows off how skinny they are. It's not attractive. I have seen teenage boys with strange haircuts and colors. But I live in California so it's different here.

6. samoosh

samooshNew Member

Threads:
    I think a lot of teenagers are just trying too hard to grow up. They wear the kind of clothes that people wear to go out clubbing and I just think because they haven't had real world experience they just dress in what people tell them is cool and don't develop a personal style really.

I wasn't any better though. I used to wear boyfriend cut jeans when I was about 5ft and I just looked really dumpy in them. Lets face it, teenage fashion isn't anybody's strong point!

7. Miaka_M

Miaka_MActive Member

Threads:
    I don't understand why teenage girls are wearing less and lesser clothing every day. The only thing that I can think of is that they want to attract the boys maybe? But they don't know that boys should be attracted to what is on the inside, rather than what they see with their eyes. I've seen both boys and girls drying their hair and have multiples piercings...every where!

8. Nickchick

NickchickWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yeah I think that too. I never dressed like that though so it baffles me that kids today are like this. Take it from someone who knows. Growing up sucks. When I was little I never wanted to grow up and I even more so didn't when I became a teenager. I savored every moment I could and tried to enjoy being a kid as much as I can. In fact senior year I would play hooky because I was afraid for it to end.

9. Ridge

RidgeMember

Threads:
    I'll go a step further and say I don't understand kids anything anymore.

And I'm only 24. I can't imagine how removed people twice my age feel from the kids of today..

10. VTEC 9/12/44

VTEC 9/12/44Member

Threads:
    Twenty-six years old here, and I understand things perfectly. It's our culture. We teach them that dressing that way is how you become accepted or that it's beautiful to look a certain way. We have to change things or they'll never get better.

11. whnuien

whnuienActive Member

Threads:
    Other than being influenced by the media and fashion industry, I think this is partly because parents go crazy with fashion when they have a little girl. Some of them forgot that there is still important thing they need to teach but instead they put anything on that are cute on their girls while they are very young.

Otherwise teenagers would have learnt and dressed appropriately in public if there were taught and shown what is appropriate when they were young.

12. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm not surprised, because with each decade that passes the children are getting "wilder" in general so I think it will never be the same again, like when you compare it to the fashion of the 50's or 80's. Values and morals and generally going downhill in the first place, so I'm not surprised that fashion follows suit.