I Got A Free Burger Thanks To Mcdonald's App

Discussion in Product Reviews started by Jasmine2015 • Nov 17, 2015.

1. Jasmine2015

Jasmine2015Active Member

Threads:
    OK so I downloaded the McDonald's app a long time ago. It wasn't until a couple of days ago when I received a visit from my uncle that McDonald's was having an offer for any free breakfast or regular sandwich. I went yesterday to test this out and I actually got my sandwich for free. I tried getting the most expensive sandwich on the menu because I know I wouldn't pay it with cash. I know some people here don't like McDonald's which is fine but this gave me the chance to try something new without having to pay so much for it.

2. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yes, it is great to have free things! It was my birthday a few days ago, and have gotten several freebies for doing this. I signed up for all of the online birthday clubs that I could. Even I wanted to, I could probably eat and shop for free, for a lot of this month. The problem is that, many of these places are not located close to my home.

3. steph84

steph84Active Member

Threads:
    I saw this advertised all over the store when I was at McDonalds, but I didn't get it because it said limited to the first 8,000 customers. I figured I would have been too late to get it. Cool that you scored a freebie! I just don't want McDonalds knowing where I am at all times. Does that make me paranoid?

4. TheLovingLeah

TheLovingLeahActive Member

Threads:
    Oh my goodness you are SO lucky. I am not a big fan of McDonald's burgers. I prefer their McChicken's, those are soooo great! I did not know my smartphone could possibly get me some free food. Well you learn something new every day. I really love McDonald's, it is SO yummy! I need to be on the lookout though for McDonald's deals.

5. KimmyMarkks

KimmyMarkksActive Member

Threads:
    I do think McDonalds offers pretty good coupons! I know if you are feeding a family, a lot of times they have buy 1 sandwich get 1 free. I don't eat there often but when I do it can add up feeding a family. Coupons are definitely the way to go. I never knew they had an app. I am going to check it out. Do you know if they have a loyalty program/offer rewards points?

6. tiffaninichole

tiffaninicholeMember

Threads:
    Oh, that is cool! And I feel so out of the loop, I had no idea that McDonald's had an app! Can you order food through it? I just found out that Taco Bell had an app and my mind was blown. LOL. You can make payments and orders through the app! Sometimes I feel so old. LOL.

7. CherylTorrie

CherylTorrieMember

Threads:
    I noticed the App sign as I went through the drive through once but they are always quick there so I have never used it. Thanks for the information on the free sandwich though. I will definitely download the App now and try it out. It would be great to preorder for the office too. Seems like an imposition to order for 4 or 5 people and have a long line behind me. Then everything could be ready and done. :)

8. healthgeek

healthgeekNew Member

Threads:
    Wow! I did not know of this...I should also download app and try. Thanks for the info!!

9. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    That app is not applicable here in our country but I'm not envious because Shell, the gas station had a promo of a free McDonald's cheeseburger for every 30 liters of gasoline that you fill up. The promo started in July and ended last month (October). I was able to get more than 10 coupons of free cheeseburger that I gave away to the gas station attendants, newspaper vendor and also to our office janitor.

10. Jasmine2015

Jasmine2015Active Member

Threads:
    I don't think McDonald's offers a loyalty rewards program at this point although I think they should. This would be a big hit for high school and college students. No you can't order through the app. Also, I don't think your nuts for thinking that McDonald's will track you down. I would say just download the app long enough to use the offer. Then once you are done, Uninstall the app. I have read a random article online that McDonald's is doing a test somewhere in the US that if you buy a $100 Mc arch card, gift card, then you can get a big Mc everyday for a year. Or is it every week? Either way if the test is successful they will spread the offer nation wide next year.

11. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I installed this as well a few days ago, and was initially pissed off that I did not see any offer for a free sandwich as promised in the ad for the app that I saw on Facebook. However a few days later when I logged back into the app, it was there along with several other virtual coupons. I haven't used my free sandwich coupon yet, but I plan on doing so tomorrow. From the sound of things, it's valid for any sandwich on their menu, so I plan on getting whatever is the most expensive. The offers specifies though that it's only valid at participating locations. Thankfully the built in map included with the app shows you which locations near you are accepting the coupon. My other big gripe though is all the security permissions that it requires you to accept - it wants access to nearly everything on your phone, including your pictures and even your camera. That sounds like a hacking attack waiting to happen. I'm leery of keeping any incriminating or personal pictures on my phone with this app installed. And who is to say they couldn't start spying on you via your camera?

12. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Lol. I was not even aware of the fact that McDonald's had an application. But with them being such a big franchise and popular business (Only God knows why) I guess that I cannot expect to be surprised to find out that they do. I was going to ask what sort of things the application does, but a quick read of some of the posts in this thread cleared that up for me.

13. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Just recently for Black Friday, Mc Donald's had a promo where I live, but it was buy one get one for Big Mac, and it was through their website, not app. I don't think we have an app for Mc Donalds here!

14. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    That app is also not available here in my country but hopefully it will be available soon, it sounds a good perk to get some freebies from Mcdonald's.

15. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    Congratulations. Unfortunately our local mcdonalds hasn't offered anything to entice people to use their apps, but I have used some coupons for deliveries in the past. I don't really use the delivery system all that much though so I don't get to check updates for coupons all that much and usually they do offer deals both offline and online when they have promos so there's not much point in using the app as opposed to just buying physically. I hope they come out with more promos for us here in the future.

16. evelination

evelinationMember

Threads:
    When it comes to McDonald's, I'd really rather just skip any offer, even if that respective offer was worth a hundred bucks. I'm just afraid of the chemicals we're ingesting is all...

Why don't these eco-companies offer us any discounts as well? :( I'd be down to that... or at least apple cider, ha, ha.

17. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I downloaded that McDonald's app. I haven't seen any good offers yet..just something like buy 5 cups of McCafe coffe and get the 6th one free or something like that. I'll pass on the chintzy offers. I was told you got a free burger or sandwich by signing up for the app but so far it hasn't happened. I wish I had a free burger.

18. purplepen88

purplepen88Active Member

Threads:
    I was just in the US a few weeks ago and McDonald's had a 20 pack of nuggets for $5. This was a such a great deal. We stopped at McDonald's to get a quick bit expecting to pay our usually $20-30 for a family meal and ended up paying less than $10. I also noticed that McDonald's was giving away a free small coffee every Monday, I think. You have to like McDonald's coffee. I am totally turned off their coffee. I had a horrible cup on this trip. It was like mud and so bitter. Not impressed.

19. MyDigitalpoint

MyDigitalpointActive Member

Threads:
    As long as it is free, people shouldn't be picky about a deal coming from McDonalds or else.

I missed the free Coke to drink they were offering some months back by the time of Coca Cola's bottle 100 year celebration and I haven't checked if the offer of free breakfast is available here, but to me is worth to check if so and yet up.