I. Hate. Pizza. Hut.

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by JoanMcWench • Nov 22, 2013.

1. JoanMcWench

JoanMcWenchActive Member

Threads:
    Here is my story:

There was a football (American) game on and we decided to get a cheap pizza and 50 wings from a local Pizza Hut. This is the only Pizza Hut in my delivery zone apparently. I was weary about ordering from them based on the ratings I saw at Yelp! but everyone was already desiring stuffed in the crust. So, I place my order with them online. It goes through and everything seems great.
    About thirty minutes later I get a call from said Pizza Hut clarifying I ordered 500 wings. 'Um, no' was close to the most accurate response. To which they informed me that my card was already charged for the wings. I ask to speak to management. The manager I spoke to told me to not worry everything would be resolved and to call back in the morning when the Store Manager was on the premises. 'Fine,' I say to myself against my better judgement. 'People make mistakes.'

The next day I notice my credit card was charged for the 500 wings though I received 50 wings (as my receipt also stated). I call and speak to the Store Manager. She proceeds to tell me how she will refund my money begrudgingly because it was my fault. NOW I am immensely unhappy. I hang up the phone, print out my email order, grab receipt, and a bank statement for good measure. I go down there and have to confront this Store Manager with the fact that she was dead wrong only to receive a surly non-apologetic attitude back.
    I Contact Pizza Hut to make them aware of this interaction and get a response where they apologize for the store and let me know that they sent my email to the store so that the management there can 'investigate' Can someone explain to me how the Store Manager is going to investigate their own misdeeds?

Now, clearly, I can no longer order from Pizza Hut because something tells me I would be getting added ingredients I did not order. Wink wink. It's not as though I am clamoring to get back to their food but the option is completely off the table. Nonsense. I. Hate. Pizza. Hut.

Apologies for length. I needed to vent.

2. mareebaybay

mareebaybayActive Member

Threads:
    I have never been a big fan of Pizza Hut either, I just think it does not compete with any of the other big chain pizza places. Although I would eat it any day, I just don't think it is as good as the competition.

3. downloadsincomplete

downloadsincompleteMember

Threads:
    I think Pizza Hut needs to revamp themselves, or else the rest of the consumer world will see how much they are going out of favor. First of all, their product is sub-par. Their pizza is only average at best, and there really is not a whole lot of variety. If you look at the other chains like Papa Johns, while it is not gourmet, they pride themselves on using fresh, quality ingredients and they have a rotation of specialty pizzas. Even Dominos has started to rebrand themselves and are offering new recipes. Even going into and dining in a Pizza Hut feels dated and cheap. It feels like dining in someone's wood-paneled basement from the 1980s. They need to make them sleek, open, and modern to attract more customers. When I was a small child Pizza Hut was a magical experience. But now I feel gross walking into one.

4. Exsheel

ExsheelNew Member

Threads:
    I haven't had Pizza Hut in years, solely for the fact that they are completely disgusting. I remember enjoying them as a kid, but that whole "Revamp" thing they did a few years back just completely ruined it for me. As for your customer experience, I've had similar problems with them myself, and this is IN-STORE. The last time I remember actually going into one Pizza Hut, was when we called before hand and came to pick it up. They charged our card over the phone which was perfectly fine since it sped up the process, but it wasn't until a day or so later that I found out they charged me THREE separate times. When I called to ask them why this happened, each one acted like it was IMPOSSIBLE for that to happen, yet it clearly did. So much like you, I kept the receipt and printed off my bank statement only to have them tell me it's not their fault, and that it must have been a problem with the bank. Needless to say, I was furious. So after a couple of hours of holding myself back from going Hulk Smash on the place, they ended up refunding all three purchases, and giving me a gift card for around $45 or so.

Ended up giving it to someone else since they officially lost my business that day.

5. BlackSolaris

BlackSolarisActive Member

Threads:
    Well that is a sad experience. I don't go many times to pizza hut either, but it's not the worst pizza i ever ate before, i just don't like the way they do the crust on their products, aside from that it's pretty tasty, but yeah, that might be one of the problems of being a different state than yours, or just that one store in particular.

6. FatesWing

FatesWingActive Member

Threads:
    Pizza Hut just seems to barely get by every year that I see it's still in business. I'm curious what people find more appealing with their franchise versus Papa Johns or Dominos for example. Could it be that Pizza Hut has "Wing Street" now? I'm not sure really. Sorry they screwed your order up so bad though! Even if the best pizza chain did that to me, I'd question if I would want to return.

7. TheViper

TheViperActive Member

Threads:
    I always liked Pizza Hut since I had it in middle school. Though, the times I had Pizza Hut recently has been nothing special. The pizza just doesn't taste like anything and doesn't feel worth the $10.

There was one time where the cashier at my local pizza wouldn't let me use my gift cards. I emailed Pizza Hut and they refunded the $70 charge that very day.

8. MizzDeeDee

MizzDeeDeeMember

Threads:
    It's a shame, really. I used to really love Pizza Hut, but they've gone to pot. Domino's is really far superior now. It's sad because Pizza Hut really owned the market, but it's like they just gave up.

I'm with you, though. I would be very angry if Pizza Hut had done that to me. I don't know that I would let it go either.

9. erronousRogue

erronousRogueMember

Threads:
    I never really had any issues with Pizza Hut myself. I'm willing to assume it's just an occasional thing that happened, and someone got confused due to the unusual volume of the orders. Then again, I never ordered anything more than a single pizza at any given time, so I'm not one to talk. It might be a thing they screw up pretty often.

10. themarting

themartingActive Member

Threads:
    well, you probably wont like to hear this but

I. Love. Pizza. Hut

11. brutal37138

brutal37138Member

Threads:
    Our local pizza hut is a mess. I haven't heard of a similar issue with them, but I'm not crazy about Pizza Hut myself. The sad thing about Pizza Hut (and any Yum company) and they always start their employees out at minimum wage, regardless of experience or know-how, maturity-level, etc. A high school kid and an adult in their 30's will all be paid the same minimum base-rate at Pizza Hut, so why should they offer decent service... The company doesn't compensate their employees well, so the employees (even the managers) don't feel the need to please their customers either...

12. EpixStudiosNH

EpixStudiosNHNew Member

Threads:
    I used to work at Pizza Hut. I can say that yes, the management and the workers pretty much don't care. I enjoy their food and they are decently priced. I would however much rather go to a locally owned pizza shop instead of the big chains and the customer service is the reason why. People who own their store take far more pride in the product and the service that they provide to their customers.

13. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm not a fan of Pizza Hut. I don't really like pizza chains. I used to love Round Table Pizza, but I think they went out of business. Shame!

Anyway, that is one of the worse customer service stories I have ever heard. Deplorable. I hope you gave them a crappy rating on Yelp so others may avoid them in the future. There's no excuse for treating a paying customer that way. Jeez!

14. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Oh we go through this kind of thing all the time. not with restaurants, but other companies. Shady shady shady and then tell you there is nothing they can do. Which is BS. PS: You'll always be getting added wink wink ingredients, regardless of your relationship with the restaurant lol.

15. SpiralArchitect

SpiralArchitectActive Member

Threads:
    Well Pizza Hut have never had the kind of efficiency in service that Dominoes do but their pizza still tastes better. I've never had any issues in any of their outlets, so it was probably a case of you running into an absolutely shitty store.

16. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I do too! They are so bad! People are always talking about how stuff like McDonald's is really bad quality, but to me Pizza Hut is even worse, i really dislike their pizzas.

17. orz

orzActive Member

Threads:
    That's pretty crazy to not just make that big of a mistake with ordering to begin with but to receive that level of disgusting customer service (If you can even call it that) from whoever you contacted. I'd definitely get in contact with the highest customer support/management you can, exactly how much did you end up paying for $500 wings?

18. Nickchick

NickchickWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Sorry you had a bad experience. I can only recall one time where their customer service was not up to par and I think I've been to all the Pizza Huts in my city. Pizza Hut was my favorite place as a kid. That being said, I still enjoy it but I don't love it like I used to. They are the only pizza place that has stuffed crust and it's the only crust I will eat. If I'm getting any other kind of crust, I'll eat the pizza and give the crust to my doggies.
    They're not the best when it comes to taste of the actual pizza anymore but to me, pizza is pizza. I'll eat any of them unless it's from a grocery store and I'll take them over McDonald's any day. I like having variety too because eating at the same chain gets boring after a while.

#18Dec 2, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2013
  19. JoanMcWench

JoanMcWenchActive Member

Threads:
    As I recall, it was about $270. I believe I ordered the bone-out version of the wings. Just not 500 of them which should, honestly, go without saying. Such nonsense. If I were to be exact with the numbers I believe it was 484 wings not precisely 500.

20. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Good luck in that "investigation", I hope things will eventually turn to your favor. It seems like the manager doesn't want to admit their fault, because it will make them look stupid. And since I love pizzas of all shapes and sizes, I would say that I would still buy their pizzas, since I haven't had any bad experience from them yet.