I have to say I love my account with Bank of America

Discussion in Bank Accounts started by Esperahol • Mar 11, 2014.

1. Esperahol

EsperaholActive Member

Threads:
    So I had a bit of an issue where things went awry and I ended up with an overdraft fee - however all I had to do was contact customer service via Live Chat and it was fixed in less than five minutes. That is service man. On top of that I have had almost no issues with the service and I've got like no fees - so long as I don't bother coming into the physical bank (like ever). And that's fine because I honestly prefer online only banking anyway. So yeah - just wanted to put that out there.

2. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    That's the good stuff I'm hearing. I have a Bank of America account but since I've never had any issues I just thought maybe they're just like any other bank out there. But having heard that from you, I suppose I'm going to stick with them for a little while longer.

3. LindaKay

LindaKayActive Member

Threads:
    I used to have Bank of America. I really liked them, too. The people at my local branch weren't the most helpful, but those with customer service were.

4. DebValentine

DebValentineNew Member

Threads:
    This really helps in my search for a good bank to start out with. I have just begun getting my finances together and have needed a bank account for some time. The quality service is a really great selling point on going with Bank of America.

5. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have Bank of America ebanking too and I also don't like going into the actual bank, so the online banking is perfect for me. As long as you don't make a habit of having overdrafts, they are decent about removing one or two overdraft fees as a courtesy.

6. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Bank of America actually started outsourcing their phone customer service, so my last 2 calls went to a call center in India and I felt like the customer service rep was reading from a script.
    It sucks to go from speaking to someone that has worked for the bank for 11 years to speaking to a random person who is handling your personal bank information in another country, away from the protection of the American laws.

7. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    That's pretty good. I'm not a big fan of Bank of America myself, but I'm quite pleased when my own banks will waive silly fees like that. I've been with them long enough that so long as I don't abuse it, they don't mind waiving small fees for my convenience.

8. Mayvin

MayvinActive Member

Threads:
    I've heard so many negative complaints about Bank of America where purchases that are ordered are "reworked" so there will be an over draft and there have been several lawsuits against them related to over draft fees. So far, (fingers crossed) I haven't had major issues with them but we'll see. They've been getting better with removing over draft fees every once and a while which IS good.

#8Aug 21, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2014