I haven't paid for fuel in 3 years! (Bio-Diesel)

Discussion in Auto & Moto started by danjo • Jun 28, 2012.

1. danjo

danjoNew Member

Threads:
    3 years ago I decided to get rid of my gasoline guzzling SUVs and purchase a used volkswagen golf TDI that runs on diesel instead. This was the best move I've ever made in my life. (Well one of the best at least) :D

A chemist friend taught me all I needed to know about how to make it. It costs me on average around 80 cents per gallon to make it, and it costs around 100 dollars to purchase the equipment to start making your own. All the information on making it can be found on the web. If you can bake a cake; you can make your own biodiesel.

Instead of using a finite fuel source like petroleum; biodiesel can be made from waste vegetable oil. My father-in-law owns a restaurant and he gives me all his grease trap oil. You can call around restaurants in your area. Most will be glad to give it to you for free, rather than having to pay a disposal company to collect it.

If you're sick of spending hundreds of dollars a year on your gas guzzler, consider purchasing an old used diesel car. They get better MPG than most gasoline cars, and you can make the fuel yourself!

It's also great for your engine, even if you only add a fraction of it to your regular diesel. It acts as a lubricant and will in the long run make your engine last longer. My car is at 230,000 miles and still running great - no engine problems whatsoever.

Give it a try.

2. Blossom

BlossomActive Member

Threads:
    Wow! This is absolutely amazing. I have never heard of making your own biodiesel. Do you know what other types of cars run on diesel? I might consider buying one for those times when I have to travel a bit.

3. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Some time back I heard of people switching to the diesel engine so that they could run the vehicle off cooking oil from restaurants. It does work but the vehicle has an odor like french fry. I would like to be free of the gas depended vehicles. The solar vehicle sounds good to me, hope it will be available soon.

4. Adeal4u

Adeal4uActive Member

Threads:
    I will look into this idea online, and see if I can save some money on gas. I like that it only costs about.80 cents a gallon. I hope the process isn't too time consuming.