I Love My Juliette 150 scooter 72mpg

Discussion in Product Reviews started by SophiaLazar • Oct 22, 2013.

1. SophiaLazar

SophiaLazarMember

Threads:
    Okay here is an international hit. I buy a lot of cool stuff, cameras, music gear but nothing can compare to the bang for the buck I got with this Scooter, the PUMA Julliette 150! I wish I could say I have owned many scooters like the Italian super classy ones, but I can tell you this, you wont find another one in the price tag like this baby.

Number one, the thing is JUST BEAUTIFUL, if you are a guy this is the major thing to remember, do not get the little teensy Romeo, which is the 50cc counterpart. (click pic below) GET THE JULIETTE, get it in black and white, or burgundy and white, but just get the 150 and not the 50cc. Why? It's really so much heavier and faster, you will fall in love with it, and it seems, that hardly anyone has it, I dont know why the dealerships don't show these more on the floor, so here's your info...

Its fully automatic, weighs in at almost 300 lbs, maybe less, actually I don't have the manual in front of me as I write, but the also it has ABS brakes.

Now here's the stuff that I do know about scooters, because I lived in New Mexico, and there's tons of them there. You do not want a crappy Chinese scooter, that you will fall in love with. It will die on you and you will be disappointed because it will never run right again. Check out any scooter blog and you'll read as much.

Important scooter ownership knowledge is that when you buy one, you have to respect the break in period, you ride the first 100 miles at ten or 15 miles an hour, the next 50 to 100 at 20 miles, and hour, and don't go over 30 miles an hour til you break 600 miles. It might seem tedious & boring, BUT OBEY THIS LAW> because parts will snuggle up tight inside the engine and that is exactly what you want, and here is the bonus, it takes all the way on this scooter up to 1500 to 2000 miles and then WHOOHOO doggy, she gathers her little lwheels under her and delivers another sweet heft of power, and you'll happily drawing wind into your face helmet at up to 60 miles an hour.

[NOTE" Don't be lax and ride without a full face helmet.You look about as cool as if you were smoking three camel cigarettes at once. Why? wait until a pebble hits your face mask at 55, and think what it would feel like to get that in the face or eyeball. Not pretty, let alone if you even fall around a corner at 3 miles per hour you will hit your head, that's a bummer on any bike.

So kids, adults, helmets on all bikes with face plates, okay? Safety first...

ALLRIGHT back to the fun! This bike gets 72 miles per gallon. Yes you will be the envy of every hummer at the pump dumping forty to fifty bucks a fill up. ON that note however, DO NOT let your gas run down below half a tank, because it sloshes around in there, and going up and down hills, around corners, if it sloshes to the side with a low tank you might stall.

Other than that, this bike is so much safer than a 50 cc. You will be totally happy you got this big hefty phatty thing and guess what else...

These CHROME handle bars will have the decent Harley guys giving you the nod for a nice ride. It's all about the design on a scooter. It looks so awesome when you shine it up in the sun. Everyone stares at this, girls, & little kids point and say "I WAN DAT MUMMIE!!!"

How much for all this retro-stylie euro-economical bundle of fun you ask?? $1,400. Yes that's right, the best thing I ever bought in 2012. Then you can be like me, and when you ride it to work, people will figure it out and get one too. Then you can have a little scooter gang and all go to Sonic together and pick up girls, guys, etc...

There is a lot of room for toting things, you can get it with the locking rear box, or without, and just employ some bunji cords, and under the seat there is a lovely ample trunk for stuffing more goodies. Which you can now afford, since you are saving so much on gas. It rides much safer with two people than the 50 CCS do.

It sounds so rumble-y! The tail pipe is nice, it definitely has a respectable sound. I rode this all the winter in New Mexico and it never failed me. I did wear some layers though.

You want to make sure that you don't tip these bikes, if the oil and gas mix up it can really trash the engine. Also, you want to always make sure you take it in for tune-ups. There is a belt that goes on a roller that is made to wear out. If you don't have it tightened up by a pro, it will lose it's bolts after a while, the brakes will squeak a bit and there might some squeak in the bounces. All easily avoided with regular check ups and of course, change the oil and no don't try to maintain this bike yourself unless you really know scooters. This girl has a kick starter box that is really hard to put back in and if that little spring flies off into the corner of the garage its going to be a sad afternoon.
    Other than, its a dream. Couldn't be happier with this thing.

What color did I get? The butter yellow on white. So sweet of an angle cruiser. jullitette.

#1Oct 22, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2013
  2. Shana

ShanaMember

Threads:
    Wow, Sophia you have such a wonderful way with words and descriptions. I have no desire to get a scooter or the need for a scooter but you make me want one anyway. I don't think the company in charge of selling this could describe their product better then you do!