I Love My Roomba

Discussion in Product Reviews started by sissibombix • Sep 12, 2015.

1. sissibombix

sissibombixMember

Threads:
    And although I know it doesn't save money, it does save me a lot of time to push a button and sit down while my house gets vacuumed. I love it! My cats don't really like it, but I find it funny when they jump to the top of it and get scared to get off.
    I've tried the roomba that washes and vacuums but didn't really like that one (it left the floor too wet). But the vacuuming one is just right :)

2. ReadWriteLearnLove

ReadWriteLearnLoveActive Member

Threads:
    I can't decide if I want a Roomba or not. It would be great to set up and have it clean my floors because the cat and dog hair accumulates so quickly, but I wonder if it would need to be emptied too often? I've heard the collection cup fills up quickly and then the Roomba automatically turns off, not completing the job. Have you had any experience like that? I would probably program it to run during the day when nobody is home, so I don't want to come home to a half completed job.

3. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have often wondered if the Roomba type vaccums did a good job. My daughter has a large house with wood floors which can take some time to clean. I have wanted to get her one of these vaccums to help reduce the work load of keeping the floors dust free.

4. sissibombix

sissibombixMember

Threads:
    For dust it's great, but I think that the collection would actually fill up very quickly with dog hair. And yes, when full «she» (yes, I call my roomba a she) will start talking saying that is full and probably return to the charging station. And she also talks when she needs to charge, actually she talks a lot for an appliance! In Pat's case I think it would be a very good option, it improves the cleaning in a way you don't have to be vacuuming all the time, although you might still need an extra deep cleaning from time to time. As I don't have pets I can't really recommend it to vacuum pet hair especially if in great quantities.

5. SLTE

SLTEActive Member

Threads:
    Considered grabbing one of these, since we live in an apartment that could be vacuumed by a Roomba without too much time or effort. I'm worried it might get caught on chair legs and wedged between or under furniture, though, because we have a lot of narrow areas that a Roomba could enter but not necessarily escape. Does yours ever get stuck on stuff, or are Roombas good at keeping themselves unstuck?

6. purplepen88

purplepen88Active Member

Threads:
    I love the idea of the Roomba and have considered buying one. I'm just renovated my basement and have a lot of large open space and a cat. Is the Roomba programmable? I like the idea of having the room vacuumed without actually having to get up and do it. Sounds like a great invention. A time saver for sure.

7. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    :oops:I like the commercial for Roomba vacuuming and it seems so easy. Reading that it actually speaks to let you know what it needs is better yet! How nice to have a Roomba around the home. I don't have a lot of time to do what I need to do, so a Roomba sounds really good to have. I have to vacuum the walls as well as floors so I guess I'll stick to my Hoover 1000.

8. AllAboutTheLincolns

AllAboutTheLincolnsMember

Threads:
    How accurate is a roomba around the room? I've wanted to get one, but not at the expense of losing smaller items that end up being extremely valuable. I end up being very forgetful about little things, and it scares me to death that I could lose a memory card or priceless item due to my ignorance and laziness.

9. TheLovingLeah

TheLovingLeahActive Member

Threads:
    Oh how lucky you are! I always wanted the Roomba. It is SO really cute every time I see it. To be honest I really just want to fill any house I stay in with robots. I really LOVE robots, they are so cute. I love it most when they can talk to you. SO yeah the Roomba would definitely be added to my collection. I have been on the robot search recently. I had seen the Roomba from commercials replaying it. The commercial made me want it so bad. I just need to save up enough and get it.

10. Yosh

YoshActive Member

Threads:
    I suppose I can see the benefit of it. It takes a good while vacuuming my house. It would be nice to have something else do it for me haha

Is it powerful enough to do a decent job?

11. Juno

JunoActive Member

Threads:
    I am so jealous. I really want a Roomba, but it is pricey and I have been waiting to see what the opinions are on it before making such an expensive purchase. It is good to hear good things about it. Hope to get one soon.

12. sissibombix

sissibombixMember

Threads:
    @AllAboutTheLincolns@AllAboutTheLincolns Well, you empty the container so if you check it before you put everything in the trash you won't throw anything away. It isn't very accurate, just like if you vacuum a room without looking at the floor, it just vacuums and sweeps!

@purplepen88@purplepen88 The one I have isn't but there is one that can be programmed to «wake up» at a certain time of the day, or even in a certain day! I haven't tried that one yet, but I'm looking forward to it!

@SLTE@SLTE It can unstuck itself pretty well, it will spin and try every direction possible until it does. It may take a while but if it fits and enters it can also get out! I use it in my living room and it fits the chair legs but it's really snug, so it has to do a 180 turn to get away.

#12Sep 15, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 16, 2015
  13. Yosh

YoshActive Member

Threads:
    @sissibombix@sissibombix wow, i didn't know that it can unstick itself like that. I had always thought they would get caught up under something and cause more hassle trying to get the thing out of all the places it'd get stuck under.

14. milyjohnson

milyjohnsonActive Member

Threads:
    I have seen the Roomba before, but I wasn't sure about buying one. I would love to use it on my floors because it would be better than using the vacuum. Does anyone know if it would work on a carpet floor? My floor has carpet so I wasn't sure if it would work on it. If it does, I will gladly buy one.

15. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have always been attracted to roomba's but they never seem to do well in computer product testing. I have mostly wooden floors in here, actually laminate so not sure how practical it would be. I would like something that woud sweep under the bed. They used to be somewhat expensive as well, but I assume they have come down in price.

16. joshc428

joshc428Active Member

Threads:
    Be careful with the scheduled cleans, though! I saw this video where this guy had his Roomba clean the house while he wasn't there. While he was gone, the dog pooped on the floor. The Roomba detected the mess and went to clean it...subsequently smearing dog poop EVERYWHERE. If you have pets, make sure the Roomba doesn't run while you're not around to monitor it!

17. legeipslt

legeipsltMember

Threads:
    I bought a Roomba when they first came out on the market. All the flooring in my house is Mexican Saltillo Tile. I had two dogs that shed a lot and figured this would be the ideal solution, if I was feeling lazy. It worked fine, but... did not do a good a job cleaning up dog fur as I hoped it would.

They also do not go underneath couches and such. So, in essence it didn't work for me. I eventually sold it for almost the same dollar amount I paid for it, on Craigslist. The buyer contacted me after the sale and told me they loved the Roomba.

18. Corald

CoraldMember

Threads:
    As a mom I dream of appliances that will do my housework with minimal input. The first time I saw the ad for the Roomba I thought that it was essential that I get one as soon as our budget allows. I haven't gotten it yet because the written and video reviews were so mixed. I'm still on the fence about how well this thing really works.

19. KimmyMarkks

KimmyMarkksActive Member

Threads:
    I've seen the roomba but I dont have one. I think its a great idea, especially since it saves so much time. However, does it really get all areas of the rooms?
    I have a Dyson which i love. It is so light weight and easy to carry through out the whole house.

20. legeipslt

legeipsltMember

Threads:
    No, a Roomba does not clean all areas of a room. Due to the nature of it's design (round), it cannot get fully into corners. Also, if you have a table and chairs it cannot clean underneath the table, as the chair legs will prevent it from entering the underside. A Roomba is OK for a clean-up if you don't want a perfect job... but the flaws in it's design prevent all areas of a room to get clean. I sold mine on Craigslist.