I Mcdonalds going downhill?

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by Cyclone3616 • Oct 15, 2012.

1. Cyclone3616

Cyclone3616Member

Threads:
    Do you guys think Mcdonalds is going downhill? I haven't eaten there in a while and last time I was there I remember their burgers and fries being just OK. I don't know how their McCafe, is, I've never tried it. And in my opinion, there are better fast food restaurants out there. How about you?

2. Esperahol

EsperaholActive Member

Threads:
    No. They have a robust dollar menu which always pulls folks in. They have classics like the Big Mac, and they have crowd favorites like the Monopoly game. Of course, Mickey D's is a franchise which means some resturants will be better then others. That also means that as some seem to go downhill others will be moving uphill.

3. tjshort05

tjshort05Active Member

Threads:
    They seem to doing very good around here. The drive-thru has 2 lines and they are always both busy. I like to have it on every once in a while as my junk food for the month type of thing. I think their food tastes the same as I always have remembered it tasting. I am not that crazy about it, so I do tend to eat somewhere else if I am the one choosing the restaurant. I like fresh, healthier options a lot better.

4. pilot2fly

pilot2flyMember

Threads:
    They seem to be getting cheaper in the quality of their food. It seems like it's just been slabbed together lately. They even took the double cheeseburger off the dollar menu!

5. Brendan

BrendanMember

Threads:
    I do not really notice a decline. It seems like they are almost doing better these days, and going more uphill, then anything else. The dollar menu, seems to be growing dramatically. Which is great for college students! Let's just say...having a McDonald's open 24/7 within walking distance from a college campus...is a great idea for everyone involved. :)

6. nash22

nash22Active Member

Threads:
    Nope! I don't see McDonalds rolling downhill no time soon. Business is still booming around my way, especially that dollar menu, I love it. I ate there last night and I had to wait in line behind thousands of cars.

7. iRichard

iRichardMember

Threads:
    No! McDonalds is not going down hill, and their business is getting really strong by selling their meals cheap now. In my opinion, I think their food is really good and it is luring people to their food. I think McDonalds will be in business for a very long time.

#7Oct 16, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2012
  8. mnicole

mnicoleMember

Threads:
    There's a Mcdonalds around every corner here, like others said they have a really good value menu that seems to win people over. There Mccaffe's are ok not that good as starbucks but good enough.

9. thenextGeek

thenextGeekActive Member

Threads:
    Mcdonalds is still very popular here in my country and I don't think that it will change any time soon. Its one of the top two fast food chains here in the Philippines and every Mcdonalds restaurant here is full of people every time you see it.

10. Bolt

BoltWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Well, has McDonald's ever been 'up hill'? The quality of the food sold at McDonald's has always been poor. Yes, they make huge profits and it is the most popular fast food chain on the planet but that doesn't translate to the quality of the food.

11. razelia

razeliaActive Member

Threads:
    Personally, I would say it's going "downhill" in terms of food quality and quantity. Years ago, I remember their burgers to be bigger, their fries fuller and their pies, well, slightly bigger, I guess. But nowadays, a normal McDonald's burger won't satisfy me and I always have to go with large fries. It would be, maybe, okay if their prices stayed the same, but they didn't. They just keep getting more and more expensive. The only thing I'm still satisfied with on their menu would probably be the ice cream. As for rice meals, it depends - sometimes servings are big, sometimes they're so small.

As for their McCafe, I'm sorry, but I can pretty much have the same level of coffee with a Nescafe 3-in-1 pack. The desserts are nothing special to me, either.

12. tommymac

tommymacActive Member

Threads:
    No offense, but maybe you're the one getting bigger rather than the burgers getting smaller.

13. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    They're only growing in my area. If you're talking just about quality, I think it's staying pretty steady. It's not getting any better, but it's not really getting any worse either. I guess it depends on the location really. I've had some not-so-great burgers at some places, but I don't think that's the standard.

14. clay1224

clay1224Banned

Threads:
    My McDonald's in my town sure isn't. They get so much business being next to I-10, a major highway, that runs right by it.

15. dashboardc33

dashboardc33Active Member

Threads:
    I would have to agree with you. I feel that McDonalds restaurants are going downhill rather quickly. I used to eat there about once a month when I was a kid as a treat. Now, I much prefer other fast food places instead. I think the reason we only went to McDonalds is because it was the only one that was close to our house. It was either that or Burger King, and Burger King didn't have a play area, so we always went to McDonalds. Now, I prefer Wendys and other fast food restaurants where I can order something healthy.

16. scottyxx

scottyxxExpert

Threads:
    All the McDs in my town have recently had a makeover, and have become McCafe's they look like fancy coffee shops now, and some even have fireplaces! Very fancy for a fast food joint if you ask me!

However, I find their food overpriced. $10 for a McChicken Sandwich meal, is a bitch rich for me. The food quality isn't great, but whenever I go, I always buy from the dollar menu, and find it to be the best value.

17. Mrs. Pirz

Mrs. PirzExpert

Threads:
    I think this is very relative to the area in which we are all located. In South Florida they are growing, expanding their drive-thrus to 2 lines and on the dollar meny they still have the McDouble (double cheeseburger.) Such a large corporation has to pay close attention to the crowd they are feeding in each area. If not many people order something in lets say Denver but in DesMoines they do they will simply adapt the menu to fit the demand. This is the best way to not waste food product and still supply the demand of the consumer.

18. Farrah

FarrahActive Member

Threads:
    McDonalds vary, just depending on who the owner of that franchise is. But all and all I don't see them going anywhere anytime soon. In the US we do love of fast food. Its not something I recommend eating everyday, but is usually a fun experience.

19. SEA81

SEA81Active Member

Threads:
    For me, I think my tastes are just getting better. I get a craving for McD's sometimes, and when I finally get to eat it, I'm like why did I ever want this stuff?

20. dmm2702

dmm2702New Member

Threads:
    I haven't noticed them going downhill. If we ask our kids where they want to go eat at they aways pick McDonald's. I personally don't like eating at fast food restaurants I would prefer to eat at home.