I Would Not Recommend Buying An Icraig Netbook...

Discussion in Product Reviews started by S.O. Price • Feb 12, 2015.

1. S.O. Price

S.O. PriceActive Member

Threads:
    Hello,

I bought an iCraig netbook in late November. Rite Aid was having their Black Friday blowout sale and I picked up a netbook for $70, regularly $100. I also had a coupon for 10 bucks off so I thought $60 was a pretty good deal. Granted, I did not expect the quality to be that of a high end laptop or anything but now it is only mid-February and the keyboard and mouse scroll no longer work. I really haven't used this device much either, except to run the Perk app to view videos, movie trailers, etc. to make a few bucks a month. I've already had to buy a mouse and a keyboard to get the netbook even usable. Not cool.

2. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    Wow, I had no idea that Rite Aid was even selling netbooks, let alone that they had them as low as $60. For that price I would be willing to take the chance of some parts on it breaking, just because it's so incredibly cheap. I'm sorry about your experience with the product, but do they offer any sort of warranty in the packaging? Maybe you are still within some window of time to return it for another one?

I've heard of people buying up old smartphones, to keep a few running all day with rewards programs such as PerkTV, but they were likely paying more than $60 a piece for those old phones, when they could use something like this which is new.

If it's solely for making money though, even if you have to use a separate mouse and keyboard, those are things most people have spare ones lying around anyhow. If not, you can go to a store like Big Lots or Dollar Tree and get some cheap basic ones for a buck each.

3. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Really sorry to hear about that! I've never ever even heard of this brand before! When it comes to electronic devices I am of the strong opinion that you really do get what you pay for! I try to steer well clear of unknown brands and extremely cheap devices; UNLESS they have received rave reviews of course. Even my Kindle Fire HD cost more at 169-GBP. Shortly after I bought it, it went on promotion for 119-GBP. If I were you, I'd take it back and ask for a refund or at the very least, a credit note!

4. gmckee1985

gmckee1985Active Member

Threads:
    I like to save money as much as the next person but I always advise folks to be smart when purchasing electronics. I never buy cheap electronics. Theyre usually cheap for a reason. And they usually end up costing you more in the long run. Spend a little more and get a good, trusted brand.

5. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    Sorry to hear about your experience. I just looked up this brand and it does look a bit like a generic product. I know a lot of Android tablets are now being sold at around that price and I'm surprised to see a netbook being sold that cheap since I'm sure it is more expensive to make. Fortunately you didn't spend a lot on it so you don't lose that much on a bad product.

6. pafjlh

pafjlhActive Member

Threads:
    For me I don't purchase any electronic till I have taken the time to do research about it first usually online. Especially when we are talking about a laptop, netbook, smartphone or tablet. Some brands are better then others, also some will have different features. That's another thing to think about what do want in this form of electronic, and make sure that the device you are buying has it or is compatible to obtain it after purchase. I know this may have seem like a great buy but from what you said apparently it wasn't worth the money even at that low price. Sometimes with these sort of electronics you get what you paid for unfortunately.

7. S.O. Price

S.O. PriceActive Member

Threads:
    Yep. I wasn't expecting it to be top notch, but I thought I would at least get a year's worth of use out of it. Actually, I still am using it but I've just attached a mouse and keyboard to it. I think the next time I try to buy something el-cheapo like a netbook to run Perks.com, I'll try the thrift stores first.