IAMS cruelty

Discussion in Pets started by JosieP • May 7, 2013.

1. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I remember reading about this ages ago and watching the footage and just came across it again now (I won't be watching it again). Now there is a whole site dedicated to it. Has anyone else heard about this? Apparently, they cleaned their act up.. a bit. But they won't allow anyone to come in and check it out. Until this happened years ago, I had no idea these sorts of things happened and it was the beginning of my mistrust in companies. I had no clue more went into dog and cat food than experimenting with recipes and seeing what pets liked most.. very naive, but I certainly never would have guessed the horrible reality of it. Who else might be doing this behind closed doors? And I highly doubt we'd be happy with their "improvements". Money is number one for these huge companies.. whether for pets or people, it doesn't matter how they get it as long as they do. This is just another reason we should all look into alternative methods to feeding our animals. I know it's not always doable though and in that case, at the very least, know what you're feeding them and the company it comes from.

2. rachel1970

rachel1970Active Member

Threads:
    I haven't watched the video as I would find it too upsetting. IAMS is owned by Proctor and Gamble who are one of the biggest companies in the world, and who conduct thousands of unecessary animal tests each year. I avoid them as much as I can.

3. LindaKay

LindaKayActive Member

Threads:
    Oh wow...this is unbelievably sad. I guess I live in a naive little world, but I never think about things like this happening. I love animals and will NOT be feeding my furbabies Iams, that's for sure.

4. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have just watched the video, and that was indeed heartbreaking. I only saw 1 cat, but the rest were dogs. I didn't know that they were already crazy, maybe those were the dogs that were running around in circles, until I read the accompanying text in the website. After my cat got sick due to feeding him Whiskas, I never fed him any cat food again, only table food. It's much safer that way.

5. MindyT

MindyTActive Member

Threads:
    I only buy natural cat food for my babies. Most pet foods are made with corn by products and fillers. That is terrible on their digestive system. I buy food made from real chicken and fish. There are no fake colorings or fake products in their food. Yes, it does cost a little more, but it's worth it!