Iced Coffee Drink

Discussion in Product Reviews started by kana_marie • Mar 28, 2015.

1. kana_marie

kana_marieActive Member

Threads:
    Years before I was drinking coffee a friend's brother made me an iced coffee drink, and I absolutely loved it!! I have been trying to find that recipe ever since, but have had no luck. The only gadgets he used was a coffee maker and a blender. Do you guys have any recipes for iced coffee that you want to share? I'm hoping someone has the one I'm looking for.

2. downsouth

downsouthMember

Threads:
    I am a huge fan of iced tea. Especially the Nestea powder where you dissolve it in iced water. Of course drinking it from a 16 oz always tastes better but at least with the powder you can measure how much you put in and limit your sugar intake. Great for a hot day.

3. clairebeautiful

clairebeautifulActive Member

Threads:
    In the summer time, if I have coffee left over in my pot from the morning, I'll often pour it over ice, add a splash of cream and a dash of sugar and it is just as good as Starbucks sweetened iced coffee, which, to me, is better than an iced specialty drink and half the price.

Two things you could try: freeze leftover coffee, blend it with milk and sugar (or a T of flavored coffee syrup). Or, blend cold coffee with some ice, some sugar (or flavored syrup) and milk or half and half. That would probably achieve the flavor you seek. You can also add chocolate syrup.

If nothing else, get on Pinterest. They have everything.

4. kana_marie

kana_marieActive Member

Threads:
    yum! Those sound good. I'll give them a shot! Thank you! That coffee drink was better than anything I've bought at a coffe shop or in the store. I'm not going to stop looking until I have it. Lol it's good to set goals, they say

5. kana_marie

kana_marieActive Member

Threads:
    For me it depends on what I'm drinking it for. Early mornings, when I need to wake up or sitting around with friends I want warm coffee. If its for a dessert type deal, or a treat for movie time then I want cold. I guess when it comes to coffee there's only one way I don't like... And that's decaffienated

6. AtlantaSports

AtlantaSportsActive Member

Threads:
    I love some iced coffee, but like mentioned by another poster above me, I prefer my coffee to piping hot. I also really enjoy black coffee, so I do not like anything in my coffee. However, when it comes to iced coffee, I thoroughly enjoy whatever Starbucks puts in theirs, because it is absolutely delicious.

7. kana_marie

kana_marieActive Member

Threads:
    I absolutely can not drinking coffee black! I put in a LOT of sugar, and just enough milk to cool it down. If I don't have milk or cream I have to let it sit there until it cools down. I love my coffee, just not enough to drink it without extra ingrediants. Lol

8. AtlantaSports

Threads:
    Well, it looks like we are polar opposites whenever it comes to drinking coffee warm! I can't stand whenever people decide to absolutely nuke their drink with sugar and cream. I guess I am a simple guy who has a lot of simple and basic tastes.

9. AtlantaSports

Threads:
    I am definitely in the same boat that you are in, Phillyg. There is just something about waking up every single morning, stretching and getting out of bed, and then going downstairs to make yourself a piping hot cup of Joe that is just so rewarding and satisfying.

10. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    In my favorite restaurant they sell cafe frappe in a glass. It's absolutely delicious, and my mouth waters just thinking of it. The best thing is that you can choose what kind of milk you like. My preferred milk is almond or soy milk. It's not hard to make if you have a coffee machine at home. You simply make a strong coffee, then use the steam attachment on your coffeemaker and create the milk froth. You add some ice cubes and perhaps some chocolate for decoration, and voila!

11. kana_marie

kana_marieActive Member

Threads:
    That sounds really good! I think I may have to get that a go. I would probably add chocolate for more than just decoration, though, lol. If I did t put so much sugar and milk in my coffe already, I would put chocolate in there. That would be a drink that I enjoyed after all my work was done, though. It sounds like one of those drinks that might way me down.

12. Juno

JunoActive Member

Threads:
    I'm a big Iced Coffee Fan. I usually head to Starbucks for my coffee. One thing you can do to make good froth without all the fancy equipment is to get a simple $20 hand frother. You heat the milk in the microwave and then frothe. It works fine. As for a really rich recipe for iced coffee, try brewing a medium roast of coffee. Then use half cup coffee with 1/4 cup of condensed milk. Sweeten to your taste and pour over ice to enjoy. It is a trick I picked up while traveling through Asia, they serve black tea this way, but I tweaked it with coffee.

13. Zyni

ZyniWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I make iced coffee for my daughter all the time. Sometimes, I just do cream and sugar. Other times, I'll use French Vanilla cream or something. For a while, we made them using the instant flavored coffees. You can make them similar to the frappes by throwing some coffee in the blender with ice. Add a scoop of ice cream for even more richness. I don't add the whipped cream usually, but you can, or some chocolate or caramel sauce (ice cream topping works).

14. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I like cold or iced coffee that tastes creamy. I never really liked the strong ones. I also noticed that all of the coffees being sold at the mall are not sweet enough for my taste. After I bought overpriced coffee, I say to myself that my coffee at home that my coffee tastes way better than this, lol.

15. IcyFirefly

IcyFireflyActive Member

Threads:
    I only drink hot coffee in all weather, but if I want something cold, then I like cold ice tea, especially in the summer. I haven't have a good iced coffee that would make me change my mind yet :)

16. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I love coffee and tea. I drink coffee in the mornings, and tea in the evenings. I can't stand the taste of cold coffee but I love iced tea :) Cold coffee makes me feel a bit sick.

17. tipoywizard

tipoywizardActive Member

Threads:
    I am not fun of iced coffee or any coffee products at all because of my digestion problems. I do love tea and cold chocolate. These are my alternatives for coffee.

18. sazzydan

sazzydanMember

Threads:
    I have only ever tried a Starbucks ice coffee drink and that came from a can. It was OK, but I do not think anything can beat a cup of steaming hot freshly ground coffee. I would be surprised if I tasted an iced coffee to rival it!

19. gmckee1985

gmckee1985Active Member

Threads:
    I'm a big fan of iced coffee. Sometimes I have to take a break from a regular cup of joe and change it up. I'm a Starbucks fan but their iced coffee is pretty mediocre. I much prefer Dunkin Donuts and McDonalds.

20. Clairelouise84

Clairelouise84Member

Threads:
    I love iced coffee drinks, I have a few recipes I use. My fist one is simply coffee, sugar and milk, blend it up and some squirty cream (cool whip?) on the top. The other one is coffee, a couple of teaspoons of options white chocolate powder and milk, whizz it up and enjoy something that for some reason tastes like caramel! The other one is simply a sachet of Nescafe double choca mocha and milk.