If you are only to do one sport all your life, what would that be?

Discussion in Sports & Fitness started by 003 • May 8, 2014.

1. 003

003Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I am torn between tennis and swimming. I have been doing them since my childhood days. And I just can't choose which one I would be living if I am only allowed to be with one. But if I really have to, I would probably go for tennis because I like playing with someone. In swimming, you are all alone. You compete just with yourself during the training, unlike tennis where you really a have an opponent.

2. prettycolors

prettycolorsActive Member

Threads:
    I'd choose cycling. It's healthy, inexpensive and involves a lot of sight seeing. Other sports, like tennis or swimming, you can only perform in designates spots - with cycling the world is yours. I've been cycling since as long as I can remember, it's in my blood already! Let's hope that when I'm old and helpless I can still push the pedal :p

3. teabwoi

teabwoiActive Member

Threads:
    If I had to do only one sport for the rest of my life I think that that sport would be basketball. I really love basketball because of the many different challenges that the sport involves and you get to make lots and lots of money in the process of doing something that you really love to do.

4. whnuien

whnuienActive Member

Threads:
    Though I love swimming but like you said it can be a lonely activity sometimes :D I would choose badminton because it is one of my favourite since I was very young. All my siblings are a fan of this sport and even my husband so I don't think I would find it hard to find an opponent when I'm wanting to have a game.

5. youngnova

youngnovaNew Member

Threads:
    I'll say basketball...

You can get a good workout playing this sport. Plus they have basketball courts everywhere, so being able to play when you want to shouldn't be a problem. Once you run up and down the court about 10 or 15 times, you'll burn more than the recommended calories for the day.

Plus it don't cost much to play. All you need is a basketball, a few friends, and a empty court to play on. Playing basketball really gets your heart rate going, plus it's a fun sport to play as well.

6. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I was going to save running, but I'm pretty sure I would prefer to just be able to dance all my life. While i enjoy running, often times I don't feel up to it. But dancing, I feel like dancing every single day! Dancing just lifts your spirit, takes off your stress and makes you happy. At least that's how it works for me, so I would easily pick dancing if I could only do one sport for the rest of my life.

7. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It would be tennis for me. I have loved tennis since I was a little girl. I watched just about every major tennis tournament. It's easy to pick up a game at a tennis court. If there is no one to play with, I enjoy hitting a ball against a wall. It helps to improve my swing.

8. Thejamal

ThejamalActive Member

Threads:
    If I had to choose one, I think it'd be basketball. It's always been my favorite sport to play and the sport I follow the most closely in college and the pros. It was also kind of the first sport I really fell in love with and started me on watching and playing baseball and football during high school. Also doesn't hurt that basketball is the sport I am best at playing!

9. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    For me it would be dancing - I hope that counts as a sport! I've never been good at stuff like soccer, basketball, volley and tennis. Sports balls and I never got along no matter how hard I tried. I've always loved dancing, to me that is the best all around exercise and what I enjoy doing the most when it comes to burning calories and working out. I think it's fun and being healthy and burning calories makes it all that much more fun.