If You Could Change Your Profession...

Discussion in Misc & Others started by H.C. Heartland • Feb 24, 2015.

1. H.C. Heartland

H.C. HeartlandActive Member

Threads:
    If you could change your profession, what would you change it to? I am not trying to encourage a midlife crisis but sometimes its fun to day dream and who knows, maybe some of us have some unfulfilled dreams we still have time to reach out for!

2. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    If there's a profession that allows you to get paid to visit various tourist spots around the world, then I'd gladly switched my writing job for that kind of adventure. I'd like to be Lonely Planet or travel show host, perhaps. I never once thought such a profession could be possible since I was busy reading books and writing doodles in my journals.

3. dyanmarie25

dyanmarie25Active Member

Threads:
    Well, I am actually still looking forward to pursuing my dream as a teacher. I have already earned a college degree, but working as a teacher here in my country doesn't pay that much, not to mention, very competitive too. But who knows? Maybe in the right time, I would be able to achieve this ultimate goal of mine. I am still a bit young anyway. :D

4. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I love clothes and shopping, so It'd be something in the fashion world. Ideally, I'd love to work as a buyer for a mid range to a high end end clothing chain. I think I'd do really well at it, plus I'd absolutely love it. It'd be as if I was forever on a shopping spree lol

5. H.C. Heartland

H.C. HeartlandActive Member

Threads:
    There are some online sites who hire people to teach English, maybe you can fulfill your goal by doing teaching online! I think that is an awesome profession and one I personally would have liked to do as well. Teachers are under paid in my country too but to have a job that has such a direct impact on society must be very satisfying. I still remember the names of all the teachers I have had from K to 12.

6. ReadWriteLearnLove

ReadWriteLearnLoveActive Member

Threads:
    I worked as a travel agent for many years, then I stayed home to be with my babies. I always said I wanted a job where I could read and talk about what I read all day. So now, I'm back in school, at nearly 40, working on an English Literature degree and working toward my teaching certificate. When I'm done with school, I hope to teach high school literature where I really will get to read and discuss what I'm reading all day long!

7. klassiter

klassiterActive Member

Threads:
    If I could change my profession I would be a travel agent. I love to travel. I think it would be fun to plan vacations for other people. I also would love to receive discounts and earn free trips for planning vacations for others. There are many places I never been. I think having a job as a Travel Agent would help me get to some of those places.

8. dyanmarie25

dyanmarie25Active Member

Threads:
    I am actually considering teaching English online too. But there's more fulfillment when you teach students in a classroom setting because you can actually talk to them and engage with them even after the school hours, like you can be totally be friends with them and even give them good pieces of advice. Anyway, thanks for your suggestions. :)

9. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I think people should change their profession if they feel they need to. Why stay in a job you are unhappy with? Yes, maybe to pay the bills, but eventually you may look back and wish what if? I know if you have children it is harder, but when you are single you have choices, the only thing holding people back is what others think and job security. I am changing my profession and it's hard, but I knew I would have to one day because it was the industry was in decline and changing, and I knew I wanted more than what I was doing.

10. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Medical research. Nutritionist. Doctor. I don't know.. but I'm obsessed (if nobody could tell lol) with health.. especially in relation to our food. I also wouldn't mind being a teacher... but not in the "traditional" sense. People have to work.. but not all people believe in school. I'd be a glorified babysitter, but I would be guiding children in their interests, so they can become exactly what they want.. not what the world says they should become. So.. basically homeschool away from home.