If you could color your hair, what color would you choose?

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by chiofthenorns • Oct 14, 2014.

1. chiofthenorns

chiofthenornsActive Member

Threads:
    I always dreamed of dying my hair pink or purple! For some reason, I think that having bubblegum-colored hair will be very adorable. Well, not on me, but also for other people. Sadly, I can't do this because I work for the government. It would not look good if I am in a press conference, and my hair is pink. :p

In theory, if you could color your hair anything, what color would you choose?

2. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I always wanted auburn hair and did dye it when I was younger, however the roots grow fast and it became difficult to maintain and too much dying left my hair dry and not as glossy as it used to be.

Hair color has to be practical, my old landlady dyes her pink and purple, but she is retired and likes to look bohemian and doesn't like her gray hair. For her it makes her feel better, although many people see her as slightly mad. She gets compliments on it, but it is a cry out for attention in her case.

3. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I've always wanted to have green hair, but just for a few days of course. I've heard that this is a painful process because as I have black hair I would have to beach it and than paint it. Doesn't seem a very healthy procedure as well too.

4. vennybunny

vennybunnyMember

Threads:
    Wigs!

Now that I'm working, cosplaying is much harder because, like you, I have to look at least slightly respectable.

But when the darkness comes and I want to have fun, I can still have bright red hair when I want. :)

5. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I am actually quite happy with my hair colour. It's golden brown and has natural highlights from the sun. In the past I used natural dies to turn my hair darker or lighter. As I get older, I prefer lighter colours that detract from the lines on my faces. I quite like autumn colours, so I would't mind some soft red and golden tones at some stage. But that would require a professional hair dresser, as I don't have the experience to create the particular effect that I want.

6. randomdude

randomdudeMember

Threads:
    If I could dye my hair any color I think it would have to be green. My favorite soda drink is mountain dew so I think I would want the same color hair as mountian dew. I would not actually go through with actually dying it green but it is definatelly an interesting visual to have, me with green hair. I think if I had this done I would have second thoughts about it afterwards and not want to go out in public without a cap on.

7. dizzykitsune

dizzykitsuneActive Member

Threads:
    I've always fantasized about having my hair dyed either magenta or pink. However, I work in an office building so I wouldn't be able to get away with it either. I'm tempted to ask my Human Resources manager if I could get away with pink tips.. but until then my fantasy will merely be a dream. Hopefully it'll become reality in the future.

8. Servace

ServaceActive Member

Threads:
    I try to be different sometimes , so I use my red hair gel. It works fine, but I rather have my hair dyed a light brown.

9. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have colored my hair purple, red and a lighter brown before. Right now it's medium brown and I'm enjoying it this way, but I was thinking of coloring it and highlighting it to be more honey toned. However I find it hard to find a good hairdresser to create that look that will not charge me half of my kidney for it!!! But if I would choose, I would have my hair more of a rich honey light brown!!!

10. lrd913

lrd913Active Member

Threads:
    I've been dying my hair for years, but I haven't been able to do any crazy colors. All my jobs have had restrictions on anything outrageous that doesn't look professional. If I could, I would dye my hair bright pink or bright blue. I've wanted to do it since I was a kid. I suppose I could always get a wig but it's not the same.

I feel that if I want pink or blue hair it should be my business, but my boss would not agree. I suppose I'll have to stick with the light red-blonde color that I have at the moment.

11. DancingLady

DancingLadyActive Member

Threads:
    I have never wanted to color my hair any wild colors, but that's just me. I currently color my hair with a mix of medium brown and medium red henna. It gives it a nice red color that isn't too flaming red because it is toned down by the brown. I wanted to try out red hair color many years ago, but was afraid I might not like it and would have to live with the grow out for so many years because my hair is so long. Henna fades over time, so I decided to give it a try and I really like it this color.

12. Strykstar

StrykstarActive Member

Threads:
    I love having brown hair, it's very common but I think it allows me to blend in just fine.
    If I absolutely had to color it I guess I would go for blond, since that's also pretty common.

13. valiantx

valiantxActive Member

Threads:
    If I could dye my hair exactly to what I imagine, I would dye it to a mirror-silver! What I mean, is that my hair in the dark would be silver like the moon, but during the daytime or when artificial light is shine on it, my hair would have a mirroring effect. Looks and sounds stupid on a guy with short hair, but I have long hair similar to Sephiroth from Final Fantasy 7, so it won't look that stupid on me.

14. insertkittyface

insertkittyfaceActive Member

Threads:
    I think I would enjoy being a natural redhead.. Almost strawberry blonde. I've always found that hair color to be so beautiful.

15. eppie

eppieActive Member

Threads:
    I guess it's really fun cosplaying... I find it to be an interesting hobby and I think I might have done it if it was popular during my younger days (too late for me now). :eek: Anyway, I'm beginning to show some gray hairs so I'm actually coloring my hair from time to time with dark brown or sometimes the reddish brown color. But hypothetically, If I have to choose other than the "normal" hair colors, I guess it had to be royal blue, lol... no particular reason, I just like the color. :D

16. mariee

marieeActive Member

Threads:
    I would color mine a very deep purple. I love how purple hair looks. But I don't think I'm ever going to risk it since that would require bleaching my hair very light and it is curly and almost black. One time I bleached a streak and dyed it purple and the hair lost it's bounce and looked less curly. I wouldn't want to damage all my curls by doing that to my entire head.

17. vennybunny

vennybunnyMember

Threads:
    It is! And cosplayers are some of the nicest people I've met. They are very welcoming, even if you suck at cosplaying. :))

It's a very nice way to unwind and get out of your shell. I'd recommend it if you're feeling down. :)

One of my friends' fathers actually cosplayed Iroh from Avatar.

18. JessiFox

JessiFoxActive Member

Threads:
    A few years ago I had my hair black with purple & blue streaks, but for any kind of work in the medical field now no fun crazy colours :(. I'd love to have all purple hair now, or blue ombre. I'm thinking maybe I could get away with a red, though, as long as it's not too bright.

19. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I have always had black hair and I've never dyed ill but I've always been curious as to what I would look like with blonde hair, so I'll probably just do that if ever I did choose to color my hair. I'm not such a big fan of synthetic colors aside from the few favorite colors that I have which I'd consider an exception. Mainly, white, red, or maybe pink. Other colors like green or blue or any of its other variations don't appeal to me too much.

20. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'd go for the classic dark brown look, because it's more suited towards Asian women. I'm not really that daring like other people to choose blonde even if I have a fair complexion.