If you could watch one tv series for the rest of your life, what would it be?

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by Jrh2 • Mar 23, 2014.

1. Jrh2

Jrh2Member

Threads:
    I think we all have a television show that we can't watch enough of and however many times you have seen it it never gets boring. So which television show would you watch if you could only choose one for the rest of your life?

I would choose Gossip Girl as I love to watch this when I am bored and there are lots of great episodes to choose from. How about you?

2. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I guess Seinfeld because they show the old episodes constantly and they still stand up as being funny after all these years.

3. Eagle910

Eagle910Active Member

Threads:
    If I had to choose one TV series to watch for the rest of my life. I would choose "The Walking Dead". I have been hooked on that show from the very first episode. There has never been anything like it on television. The storylines are absolutely heart wrenching. The show touches people personally, and sparks many conversations, and debates. You cannot say that about most of the shows on television today.

I often wonder could survive in a post apocalyptic, zombie infested world. It is a truly horrifying thought, but I guess that is what makes the how so intriguing.

4. amynichole318

amynichole318Active Member

Threads:
    Without a doubt it would be The Walking Dead. It is such a unique and amazing show. You never know what is going to happen next, a surprise around every corner. Many people right it off as just a "zombie show" but it's really so much more than that. It's about survival, not only physically surviving but also mentally, and will our humanity survive? Every character has there breaking point and it's interesting to find out how much person can really take. The writing is absolutely amazing, the acting is fabulous and the set's and special effects, well there has never been anything like it before.

5. starfox64

starfox64Active Member

Threads:
    Yikes, this is a tough one. Although, I really like Breaking Bad and it is my favorite series, I don't think I would like to watch it non-stop. It's just too serious and dramatic of a series for me to continually watch. I'd probably have to pick a show with quite a bit of humor if I could only pick one, and that would have to be Family Guy. That show has always cracked me up!

6. mistymi

mistymiActive Member

Threads:
    I hardly watch TV now so I'm only familiar with children's shows. I think Arthur is pretty entertaining and there's probably a lot of episodes I haven't seen. I used to watch Lazy Town too and it was nice to being dulled by its strange world, bright colors, and funny music. I've seen a bit of Seinfeld here and there, passing by the TV and I've always enjoyed it. Anyway, I'd probably pick Arthur because too much Lazy Town would drive my crazy.

7. angelicagapit

angelicagapitActive Member

Threads:
    I'd probably choose a modern classic like Friends. I love comedies, and Friends has a very unique and witty sense of humor. I can't get enough of friends. I fell in love with every single character and they all have extremely funny plots. It's one of those shows that make you laugh when you're feeling down. It's a pick-me-up show, and I will probably never get tired of the show.

8. Qualitycontent

QualitycontentMember

Threads:
    Well, I have two favorite TV series that I could watch forever. American Horror Story 1st Season: I wish the other seasons weren't different. I could have watched the ghost families until the end of time. Next, Bates Motel, that is incidentally playing right now on cable, and you can catch up on On Demand for the second season, and Netflix for the 1st whole season. I love Norman and his mother. Norman's mother is such an interesting character. I think Norman is such a good boy regardless of the fact he slit his teacher's throat. I was really disappointed when I found out it was the prelude to "Psycho". I am really attached to the mom and son. Maybe it is because it was just my son and me for so many years.

9. TPhoenix

TPhoenixActive Member

Threads:
    I have many different television shows that I could choose from and select one that I would watch for the rest of my life. Two on the top of my list are Xena Warrior Princess and Breaking Bad. And if I had to boil it down between the too, I love Breaking Bad dearly and all its epicness but I grew up on Xena and I love that woman and seeing her work is highly entertaining. She made me respect strong, brave women when I was young and set the trend for strong female leads on TV. She's a boss.

10. maxparker0

maxparker0Member

Threads:
    It would be a tough choice between Two and a half men, How I met your mother and The big bang theory. I like to watch all of them and they're all equally awesome.

11. Lostvalleyguy

LostvalleyguyActive Member

Threads:
    It would be Doctor Who from beginning to end - one episode a week. I think the series began in the mid sixties so there should be enough episodes yo last me a lifetime. Most shows only ran for a few seasons - the longer ones maybe 10 years. If I can only watch one show, I want as many different episodes as possible.

12. AB91000

AB91000Active Member

Threads:
    If i had to choose one show to watch for the rest of my life.

I would choose "Martin". Simply because it's quality stands the test of time. I have been watching that show since i was young, and it is still funny. Martin is the only show that i can say that about.

For that reason I would have to choose Martin. I feel as though i would never get bored with it.

13. k.gebhart

k.gebhartNew Member

Threads:
    Thats an easy one! I would watch One Tree Hill everyday for the rest of my life with no complaints!

14. jewel777

jewel777Active Member

Threads:
    At one time, I would have said Lost. After being so involved with the show for six years, it was over. Yes, there was some closure, but not enough to be okay with it never coming back on the air again to fill all the gaps that it left. A lot of things were left unresolved. But now that I'm finally over Lost, I'm happy to say the The Walking Dead has been able to fill that gap that Lost left behind. Great writing and acting, great characters. Looking forward to what the next season will bring.

15. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I favor science fiction shows. If I had to choose one it would be Star Trek Deep Space Nine. It ran for 7 years so I have plenty of episodes to watch before it repeats. Running close second would be Firefly, but that show was cancelled before it completed a full season.

16. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    When I was a kid, TV was still an exciting place that took me to exotic places and made me wonder about the world. I even learnt new things from it, watching documentaries.
    These days I don't even own a TV set anymore. I did for a while, but I couldn't be bothered to switch it on for any other reason than watching live stand-up comedians on Saturday nights.

17. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    That would be a very hard choice for me! I probably would stick to something like Modern Family at the risk of getting tired of it pretty quickly. Comedy tv shows are great, but they can be a little boring after a while, it's like they get old. I haven't gotten to that phase with Modern Family yet, I still love it. So I would think if the show maintained the quality I could watch it for a long time to come.

18. That'sDevo

That'sDevoActive Member

Threads:
    If I had to pick one tv series for the rest of my life to watch it would have to be Mystery Science Theater 3000. I watch that show on a regular basis and usually keep it going in the background when I am doing work.

19. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I'd choose Scrubs because that show was very well rounded and encompassed many genres such as comedy and drama and just overall good storytelling. I also like that they made enough of them than most other shows so I have many episodes to choose from, and in my opinion, each episode has great re-watch value so I can presumably watch them over and over throughout my lifetime, and me being such a fan, I probably will. It looks very silly on the surface, but personally, I think it has a lot of depth and there's also a good amount of life lessons worked into each episode so there are much more layers to it under all the supposed silliness up front.

20. 003

003Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I will be watching the Walking Dead series if I there were just only one TV series I could watch. It is never boring, no part of it. I am actually watching it over and over and it still thrills me every time. I always see new themes, and come to new insights and realizations. It is so dark, but very thought-provoking. It has a sense and it does not just offer mere entertainment. I also love its characters. Some of them I hate. Those that I hate make me love more those I already love and admire. I often wish I were among the casts and that they exist in real life. (I don't want humans to be exterminated, but I think that what they do is simply exciting.)