Ignoring a poster

Discussion in Suggestions & Feedback started by Ruth B. • May 21, 2014.

1. Ruth B.

Ruth B.Active Member

Threads:
    Since this section is talking about the forum's functions, here goes:

I wish there was a setting for ignoring a poster. I have been on many forums and seen this ability. I'm talking about in our settings an option to ignore that user. Very useful, and while it could be called blocking, like on FaceBook, on other forums I've seen it called ignore. That poster's posts just don't show up.

I also would like the ability to dislike a post and not have it show up WHO disliked that post.

If either of these are already here on this forum, I would like to know how to use them.

Thanks. :)

#1May 21, 2014
    Last edited: May 21, 2014
  2. Ruth B.

Ruth B.Active Member

Threads:
    Ok, found the ignore finally. Thanks.

3. LuckyGirl08

LuckyGirl08Active Member

Threads:
    This is very useful when you see people posting on you thread that is irrelevant to the subject. I like that they also now have the like and dislike buttons. It makes me feel like I'm on Facebook, even though Facebook does not have a dislike button.

4. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Huh? I'm looking for the "ignore" option but I can't find it. Where can you find it?

5. Gelsemium

GelsemiumWell-Known Member

Threads:
    To add to the ignore button you need to access the profile of the user you want to ignore and there on the left you have the option "add to ignore list", I think you will stop seeing that users' posts after that, I haven't tried it though. :)

6. wulfman

wulfmanActive Member

Threads:
    It irks me when people dislike my posts LMAO. Watch someone dislike this post now. But yea the ignore function is found in your profile. You can access your profile by clicking on your avatar. Once you put posters on ignore you will not be able to see their posts. If someone is really getting on your nerves or trolling you just send a PM to admin.