I'm travelling to the west coast, tell me your favorite local beer in Northern California!

Discussion in Food & Drink started by Cryyo • Jan 2, 2015.

1. Cryyo

CryyoMember

Threads:
    I've heard a lot about the success of the beer in California. I want to know where the locals think is the place to go get one, and which one to get. Ideally I would like to go to a brewpub, where I can maybe even see the process in action. It isn't a necessity, however. What's the best breweries in the area? Are there tours I can go on? Thanks in advance!

2. valiantx

valiantxActive Member

Threads:
    I live on the county of Sacramento, California, and the local brewery me and my brother visit often is called Ruhstaller, but I'm not sure if it's a members invite only or not, because the owner wants to establish a good following of his brand before expanding - they do make very unique crafted beers that is a lot better than most other local breweries I've been to around the city I reside.

However, I've only visited a few micro-breweries in and around Sacramento County which I opinion have good crafted or local beers:

River City Brewing Company; located in Old Sacramento, CA.

Hoppy Brewing Company; located in Sacramento, CA.

Sierra Nevada Brewery Company; located in Chico, CA.

Auburn Ale House; located in Auburn, CA

There's many places elsewhere in California, but I have not planned or made time to visit them - maybe a Google search will help you more than I can. Hope you enjoy your stay in California.