Impulse Buys

Discussion in Food & Drink started by robinegg • May 9, 2014.

1. robinegg

robineggMember

Threads:
    What do you buy on an impulse at the supermarket? Sometimes they are so expensive, yet you just can't resist.

I'm really bad with chips at the drugstore; for some reason they are just so incredibly enticing. I can resist candy bars, gum, and chocolate with no problem, but if I see a large bag of ketchup Lays or jalapeno Vickies on sale, I stock way up and practically throw money at the cashier.

2. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Same here, it's gotta be chips and any sweet beverage for me, it could be softdrinks or flavored milk. I also buy chocolate bars occassionally too. But I only do "impulse buying" when my bill is not that big.

3. deathbyprayer

deathbyprayerActive Member

Threads:
    Mine isn't really expensive, but I always find myself entering a McDonalds ang getting some cheeseburger on impulse. Even if I'm not hungry I always find myself purchasing one. I think I got the habit when I was in college, I've lived off fast food for four years (yeah it's miracle I'm still alive today) and every time I get off my classes I swing by and get some.

4. 003

003Well-Known Member

Threads:
    Chocolates and pop corns and Cheetos! They are not that expensive, but when I panic buy, I tend to go with large amounts, making the net cost high. I really love chocolates and to see my favorites or the ones that appeal to me, uh, I can't help but take them in my cart. And because I can't choose, I take all whatever I think I like without making any analysis, considering any cost.

5. mikelouis

mikelouisActive Member

Threads:
    I would say that for me is also the potato crisps I do not know why but am always finding myself buying them. I have been addicted for long now. I think I need to find another addiction so that I can stop these impulse buys that am having.

6. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    Believe it or not, my impulse buys at super markets tend to be in the Ethnic/Imported foods sections. I always like to walk down those aisles and look for things that I haven't tried before, or consider recipes that I haven't yet attempted. I can totally throw my grocery budget off track doing this though, since some of that stuff can be really expensive.

Another impulse buy section for me is the cheese's and dried sausages. I've been told this is actually one of the most heavily stolen sections of a grocery store too - which may have to do with the high prices. Curiosity often gets the best of me, and the next thing you know, I'm blowing $50 on several bricks of cheeses.

I can get carried away in the produce sections too, especially with fresh herbs, peppers and mushrooms.