Impulse shopper or more of a planner?

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by mareebaybay • Dec 16, 2013.

1. mareebaybay

mareebaybayActive Member

Threads:
    When you shop do you shop off of impulse, or do you have sort of a gameplan before entering the store? For me I personally purchase on impulse sometimes, I mean there is no way you can tell what a store may have unless you do tons of research or something. For me I am some what of a impulse shopper then.

2. Kaylah

KaylahActive Member

Threads:
    I usually plan my shopping. I usually don't buy something unless I know that I absolutely need it or will use it, or when I am buying things for others.

Sometimes while browsing the internet, I will see something that I really like and will buy it. So I guess it is a little bit of a mix of both impulse buys and planning, but most of what I buy, I plan to buy and don't do it on impulse.

3. rossonomous

rossonomousActive Member

Threads:
    I shop mainly from impulse and it doesn't help that I have a bit of extra money so I can do it without worrying too much. I do wonder sometimes how much money I would have if I never shopped on impulse like I do now. I know it would be quite a lot, but I like living for the present, and spending money and having fun is just what I do.

4. thriftyme

thriftymeMember

Threads:
    It depends. Most of my shopping is planned and I always take a list. I try to only buy the things on my list but sometimes I find such good deals that I end up buying a few extra items. I do shop for pleasure and fun occasionally. In those times I will set a dollar amount and be sure not to spend more than I have alloted. When I was younger I shopped with more abandon, lol!

5. clairebeautiful

clairebeautifulActive Member

Threads:
    Almost 95% planner here. But I'm pretty good at knowing good deal price points, so impulse shopping happens in the face of spotting a really great deal and actually knowing it.

I'm not lured by false advertising. I'm not even lured by "Black Friday" Amazon prices, which are often jacked up. I don't usually make physical lists, but I'm pretty good at knowing exactly what I'm getting when I go into a store.

6. True2marie

True2marieActive Member

Threads:
    I plan my shopping excursions. This way, I stay on budget and don't over spend. Whenever I go to a store without a plan, I always leave with junk and the next day experience buyer's regret.

shopping-spree.

7. daimashin

daimashinActive Member

Threads:
    I plan ahead before going shopping. I'll usually just follow according to the list I made but if I see something useful I'll buy it too even though it's not on the list. Don't know which one I fall into, could be a mix of both. One thing's for sure though is that I'll never ever overspend on shopping.

8. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    This is a great question.

I am definitely a (mostly) planner especially when it comes to major or big purchases. I do a lot of research. I might do too much research. I don't carry a list, but I have already decided what I'm going to buy before I enter the store.

The only thing that I buy semi-impulsively are purses. I'm not sure why I have a weakness for purses or handbags.

9. Miaka_M

Miaka_MActive Member

Threads:
    I usually plan what I want/ what I need and set aside a budget for how much I will spend. I usually keep within the range of $5-10 per item from the clearance sections of the stores and you can find some really great deals. Sometimes I buy on impulse, if I really really want something. I don't make a list unless it's for Christmas shopping, but by planning you can save a bundle!

10. DealHunter1

DealHunter1Member

Threads:
    I start out with a plan an then it turns into impulse :eek: I get things I need and when I start seeing other things I didn't even think about the whole shopping trip turns into something else. Its okay because I know how I am and I make sure I bring extra along for these times.

LOVE & DEALS
    DH:cool:

11. FloraFauna

FloraFaunaMember

Threads:
    Yes and no. I'm meticulous when it comes my budget, I plan out every expense. However, I allow myself a certain amount for miscellaneous shopping. I may not use that entire amount, but it's there just in case I do have the impulse to shop. But I don't allow myself to go over that amount I set aside.