In Australia it's cheaper to fly the US to buy Adobe CS than buy it in Australia

Discussion in Software PC & Mac started by downloadsincomplete • Dec 1, 2013.

1. downloadsincomplete

downloadsincompleteMember

Threads:

The cost of the Adobe Creative Suite in Australia is very, very expensive. The same software purchased in the US is significantly cheaper than it is in Australia. The difference is so big that it is cheaper to fly to the US, but the software here, and then fly back than it is to just simply buy it in Australia.

I understand there are many reasons to price differently in different markets (licensing fees, VAT, currency exchange etc), but this is a little ridiculous.

2. avasmom

avasmomMember

Threads:
    Oh my gosh downloadsincomplete that is absolutely ridiculous!

3. True2marie

True2marieActive Member

Threads:
    What?

I had to re-read the story twice to be sure I wasn't spacing out. Adobe is playing off of their monopoly on the market. I don't believe they will rush to lower prices as stated in this piece.

4. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I've been hearing this a lot more recently regarding software and games. I wonder why they don't just offer the same price for everyone especially for digital downloads. It's probably a big reason why many people still pirate.

5. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    If you have a friend in the U.S, send them the money. They'll make the purchase and send it to you. That's just one of the ways to get around such b*s.

p.s If companies price their software thus, should they complain when someone decides to head over to pirate bay?