Incomplete Paypal?

Discussion in Online Shopping started by eg0mez • Mar 2, 2014.

1. eg0mez

eg0mezMember

Threads:
    Hey guys!
    I have created a Paypal, but I did not want to add any bank accounts or credit cards so therefore my account is incomplete.
    Does anybody know if I can still make purchases and use the account?
    I have never had experience with PayPal.:)

2. Chia

ChiaMember

Threads:
    You need to add a bank account to make a purchase. They need to get the money from some kind of source. If they let you purchase things without a bank account they would have people creating all kinds of PayPal accounts and ditching them after they purchased items. PayPal is basically a security barrier your bank and the seller. This allows you to pay for an item or transfer money without giving anyone you information, just your email address.

#2Mar 2, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2014
  3. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The money to pay for your Paypal purchases has to come from somewhere, so you have to add a bank account or credit card. Maybe you can try adding a prepaid debit card as a backup funding source. I've heard of people using debit cards in the past.

4. LindaKay

LindaKayActive Member

Threads:
    You may be able to get things straightened out with a prepaid debit card. I know people used to do that all the time, but I don't know if they allow it any more with all of the scammers out there. It might be worth a shot, though.

5. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    You can still make a purchase, but you need to add at least a debit card or have someone send you money so that you can use it to buy stuff.

6. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Depending on where you live, paypal has limits on the amount of money you can spend per month before you verify your account. So if you're Canadian/American you could spend like $500 a month but can't go beyond that until you add a credit card.