Inconsistent Fashion Style

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by keytcee • May 6, 2015.

1. keytcee

keytceeMember

Threads:
    I’ve always been so indecisive and inconsistent with my fashion style. People around me also notice that I don’t have a specific style because some days I’m not in the mood to dress up and simply put on a shirt and a pair of jeans with worn out sneakers and that’s it. On other days I have the urge to dress up even if I’m only going to the grocery story to pick up some few things. Sometimes I also feel really girly and would put on a cute summer dress and some flats and at times I want to rock a hip-hop street style and wear baggy shirts, bleached shorts with a plaid polo wrapped around my waist and some combat boots.

Do you have a specific fashion style you follow or do you also just go with the flow and have different fashion styles from time to time?

2. LeopardJones

LeopardJonesActive Member

Threads:
    My style used to be pretty scattered, but it’s become more focused and directional in the past few years, especially when it comes to my color palette. I’ve spent quite some time determining most of what I like and dislike, and the core elements of my style. Where I’m most inconsistent is the simplicity factor. Sometimes I’ll want a sleek, all-solids, very polished look, but other times I want patterns and distinctive silhouettes and all the accessories. More often I err towards a simple look with interesting details, though.

3. calistaboutique

calistaboutiqueNew Member

Threads:
    Hello dear, i have not enough words regarding your this question but i would like to suggest you something..Just visit this link..

Hope so this will help you.

4. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Rather than fashion (which nowadays is more like the art of ostensibly displaying one's physical assets through weird clothes), I prefer to call it style - or a way of wearing clothes in accordance with one's comfort zone. Vogue, Vanity Fair and Elle have never influenced my choices. I am all for a compromise between eccentric and regular pieces. For instance, I like rainbow colors and flashy colors but I try to temper them by wearing neutral shades like black, gray or white. I have a thing for the Harajuku culture so I have lots of black clothes, reminiscent of steam punk or Gothic Lolita styles. I also love dresses of all shapes and colors - especially long-sleeved dresses with peter pan collars or just plain loose dresses. It bothers me if I try too hard so I've opted for a laid-back comfortable style.

5. PunkinPie

PunkinPieMember

Threads:
    I think your fashion sense is whatever you want it to be and that is fine. I am also the same way. Some days I am dressed up with heels, other days I just don't have the time or the energy. Whatever feels good to you and makes you happy is all your style needs to be. I also have realized my frugality sometimes makes me buy things I usually wouldn't wear...but most of the time I am happy to try something new when it doesn't cost too much.

6. missbishi

missbishiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    There's nothing wrong with inconsistency - not everybody wants to dress the same all the time. What I wear very much depends on how I feel whilst I'm getting dressed. if its a sunny day and I'm in a good mood then all the bright dresses will come out but if it's a miserable winter morning, the jeans and jumper will always go on.

7. hellavu

hellavuActive Member

Threads:
    I dress with what I have and according to my mood and the outside weather, really. I don't think there should be a general "line" people should be supposed to follow in the consistency of their fashion, except on special occasions and all. Life is fun, why limit ourselves to fit an illusion of a bill?

8. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Fashion is varied in general just like hairstyles, so you shouldn't just limit yourself to just one style. It's actually natural to experiment with a certain look, since monotony in dressing up can be quite boring if you're fashion conscious.

9. gmckee1985

gmckee1985Active Member

Threads:
    I don't see anything wrong it. I'm the same where. I can dress business like on some days, while other days I'm dressed in all Under Armour gear. It really just depends on my mood and what I have going on. I think all people are that way to a certain extent. Variety is a good thing.

10. Clairelouise84

Clairelouise84Member

Threads:
    I go with the flow now to be honest, I used to have a style but with growing up, gaining and losing weight and other such nonsense I find day to day works much better for me.

11. ellajanelle

ellajanelleMember

Threads:
    I think a random and inconsistent fashion style is a fashion style in itself! We share the same experiences, I wear clothes depending on my mood. I really have no specific style. Also, my friends and I usually dress in themes- this means we would decide to wear dresses tomorrow, then shorts the next day, then boyfriend jeans, etc. it's really fun especially when we go to school and everyone notices how we dress the same but still keep our own edge.

12. chiofthenorns

chiofthenornsActive Member

Threads:
    I don't really have a style. As long as I am comfortable and what I am wearing is clean, I am good to go. For me, fashion is just a necessity. People don't really have to conform to it unless they really want to.

13. dyanmarie25

dyanmarie25Active Member

Threads:
    My fashion style also changes as time goes by. When I was in high school, I always wore skinny jeans, graphic tees, and sneakers. But when I went to college, I became more feminine. I loved dresses and all things colorful. Right now, I am still into dresses and shorts.