Inexpensive Yoga Clothes?

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by CoolCat • Jun 19, 2015.

1. CoolCat

CoolCatMember

Threads:
    I've recently started doing yoga, and so I've started looking at buying some yoga pants. (I could just wear my running shorts, but I get cold easily and I feel that keeping my muscles warmer would help with my flexibility.)

They're crazy expensive! Even at Target they were like, $30-40, and I know the fancy brands are way more. Where do normal non-rich people go? I think I'm going to try Marshall's next to see if I can get a good deal, but I'm open to suggestions if anyone has any.

2. missbishi

missbishiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I think the problem here is that anything with the word "yoga" in its name seems to attract a premium price. They are rather expensive here in the UK, whereas plain joggers with a straight, ungathered hem can cost as little as £5.

3. CoolCat

CoolCatMember

Threads:
    I feel around here (the U.S.) any athletic clothes are automatically marked up. Running clothes are also expensive. I have running pants I can wear, but most of them aren't stretchy in every direction so they impede movement especially for positions where the legs are bent. I have some running tights that are good from that standpoint, but they are relatively low waisted and therefore aren't designed to bend forward in. When I bend forward the top of my rear is exposed and I get a chilly breeze. (I'm primarily practicing at home, so I don't really care about people seeing, it's just distracting and uncomfortable.)

4. danielle davidson

danielle davidsonActive Member

Threads:
    You can try H&M. I got some for $10 there, and that's the best deal that I have been able to find. I would love to know if there are other places that sell them cheap, because they are so expensive! I normally get mine from VS, but they are expensive and mine keep on ripping. I don't want to spend that kind of money if they are just going to keep ripping.

5. tangela

tangelaActive Member

Threads:
    What about Kohl's? I always see them at Kohl's for a good price.

However, if you intend on doing yoga a lot I would look into investing a pair of expensive but long-lasting yoga pants. If you do yoga a lot more than your normal neighborhood person and you buy some cheap yoga pants, then they'd probably wear out faster which means you'll be spending more money in the long run.

Or maybe look at sports outlet stores during back-to-school sale season or the holidays; they tend to have sales around then and the prices are pretty darn reasonable!

6. Briannagodess

BriannagodessActive Member

Threads:
    We have the Surplus Shop in our place. Here you can find branded items that are factory overruns. We tend to buy here because most of the time, the clothes are in good condition. You just have to choose and select carefully.

I saw a lot of yoga pants and even tank tops there. I do not do yoga so I did not purchase them. I hope you do have a store like this in your place as you will save heaps of money but have the quality of branded clothes!

7. dandeliion

dandeliionMember

Threads:
    Yeah workout clothes can be really pricey for some reason. However, Forever21 is a great place to get cheap yoga clothes and they actually have quite a selection. Old Navy is also Another good place!

8. Diane Lane

Diane LaneWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't do yoga, but have gotten some really good deals on items like Fila sports clothing on sale/clearance at Kohl's. I think your best best (at least what I usually do and have success with) is to find a few brands you are happy with, regarding comfort and durability, and then search online. You can set up searches on eBay so that when those specific items are listed, it will email (or maybe text, even) you, and you can watch or buy them. I'm sure there are probably other sites you can set up searches on that will notify you, I think Amazon might do the same, but I've gotten good deals on eBay that way.

9. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    I buy them in the same places I do every other type of clothing....thrift stores, retail shops, etc. I see absolutely no reason to spend that much money on clothes that I only wear for half an hour at a time anyway. No thanks.

10. CoolCat

CoolCatMember

Threads:
    Ooh, I need to check out Old Navy. My husband and I did some shopping there recently and I think we have some reward dollars to use. Thanks!

I'm not a huge fan of buying clothes from Amazon or other online retailers unless it's a copy of something I already own. I really like to try things on before I buy, because if they don't fit I never get around to making a return. I don't think I have a Kohl's near me anymore but I can try Marshall's again. They have very inconsistent selection, and I often have trouble finding my size there.

Maybe I'm too stuck up, but I'm buying clothes I expect to sweat a lot in. I'd rather someone else not have already sweated all over my clothes before me.

11. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It's often the case that anything that's designed for sports is priced very highly. This is very annoying, and will call for you to improvise, if you want to save money. It's a shame you don't like shopping on Amazon or online stores of that nature, because you could very well find some gems. I have to say, I too wouldn't want to find them in thrift stores.

12. Diane Lane

Diane LaneWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yes, I tend to stick with brands and sizes I'm familiar with, when shopping online, because clothing, and particularly shoes, can be difficult to size. On eBay, many sellers will list exact measurements of the clothing, which can help. I don't mind my clothes a little big, but really dislike tight clothing, so if I'm uncertain, I'll go a size up, just to be sure they'll be comfortable, especially if I'll be exercising in them.

13. KimmyMarkks

KimmyMarkksActive Member

Threads:
    I usually buy my yoga clothes at Tjmaxx or Marshalls. You can get great deals there! I’ve gotten a few pairs of yoga pants for $15. Just be careful of the brands. Sometimes they have brands I’ve never heard of. I always opt for a nicer brand (something I’m familiar with) for a little more money. They will last longer. I usually spend about $15-$25 a pair.

I would also check out Gap and Old Navy when they are having sales. I’ve gotten a few nice pairs for around $20. They aren’t always on sale though.