Ink Cartidges

Discussion in Office Supplies started by happyrocinante • May 10, 2012.

1. happyrocinante

happyrocinanteBanned

Threads:
    Do you buy the refillable cartidges or a brand new one each time? I know that for my Kodak printer I have to buy a new one each time but it's not too expensive. I don't use it much either so that makes a lot of difference. Where do you buy your ink cartidges and do you get a good deal?

2. Lena51

Lena51Active Member

Threads:
    No, I always buy the new cartridges from Staples each and every time because I fill that they are better and what I mean about that is simply because they don't drip the ink out. Or maybe, it all depends on who refills them. I don't use mind that much either so it lasts a long time. But, if I used it a lot I would probably look into the refillable ones more.

3. Sandra Piddock

Sandra PiddockExpert

Threads:
    I usually buy online from Euroffice, as they seem to have the best deals. I don't buy refilled cartridges, as I know several people who have had their printers damaged by defective cartridges. I do think that manufacturers could bring down the prices if they wanted to. Printers are ridiculously cheap - so much so that the first refill of ink costs almost as much as the printer itself.

4. Farrah

FarrahActive Member

Threads:
    I usually get the Brand of printer I have. I am always afraid of voiding my warranty for using the wrong one, or if I use the refillable kind.

5. Zaturo

ZaturoMember

Threads:
    I honestly don't like to refill because I'm a rather messy person :) I still buy the refill, but if made a bit more money I'd prefer a new cartridge. It's just less risky to buy a new one each time.

6. S.O. Price

S.O. PriceActive Member

Threads:
    I am going to avoid buying cartridges as much as possible. I have a small printer which I really like because it is so lightweight. Unfortunately the ink cartridges are pretty "lightweight" also and they run out of ink fairly quickly. I looked at the cartridge and supposedly it was a "one use only" cartridge, but I searched on line and found some instructions about how to refill the cartridge with ink. I had some ink laying around the house that I used to refill cartridges for a copy machine that I have. I used that ink to refill the printer ink cartridge and saved myself 14 bucks today. Yippee!

7. steph84

steph84Active Member

Threads:
    I always bought new, but just bought my first refillable from Amazon. It is on its way in the mail and I just hope that it doesn't burst in my printer and make a huge mess. It was a $5 risk I was willing to take. I just didn't have the $30 for a double pack of ink.

8. S.O. Price

S.O. PriceActive Member

Threads:
    As long as you're super careful when you're refilling you should be ok. Make sure you perform the work over something that can catch any potential drips of ink. Have some cloth or paper towels handy to help out also. I've refilled several times and although my hands may get messy, that's it. The ink does wash off the hands with soap and water.

9. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Don't worry about refilling. It's not that difficult or messy. I'm used to it by now.
    The most important thing is, it's better to under-fill it a little than overfill it.
    If you overfill it, it WILL leak. I always use a light touch and fill them less than the recommended amount.

10. Adeal4u

Adeal4uActive Member

Threads:
    I always purchase new ones because I've tried the refillable ones, and it was a nightmare. I didn't do it properly and I spilled ink everywhere. It's really difficult to remove ink if it gets into your clothes, so it's best to buy them new. I know the new ones cost a little bit more, but it's worth it not to mess up your clothes and carpet.

11. nash22

nash22Active Member

Threads:
    I have an Epson printer and I hate because uses up so much ink. And when I buy a new one it won't recognize it sometimes and I have to keep messing with it to get it to work.

12. Kaybee517

Kaybee517Active Member

Threads:
    I haven't had to use ink catridges in a long time however I recently got a new printer/fax/copier and now my ink is low. I was thinking about reordering a cartridge from Dell but luckily I saw refillable service at Costco. I'm going to give that a try and I can save a lot of money that way.

13. olorien

olorienActive Member

Threads:
    I get my ink cartridges from the greatest store on earth-Amazon. I only use the name brand cartridge that matches my printer after countless times of being burned by so called "just like brand name without the price" cartridges. This is how they get you by sucking you in with the low price on the printer. Next time it's going to be one that uses cheaper ink.

14. schomeearnings

schomeearningsBanned

Threads:
    I always purchase new Cartridges! I think it is rather crazy, but convenient to me. I like the fact that I can either go online or in a store and they have my cartridges that I need. Is it cheaper to do refills and how convenient is that option?

15. limcid

limcidActive Member

Threads:
    I've got an Epson high-resolution photo printer (second one) and I tried to use cheaper off-brand inks for a while. It worked out great in the beginning, but it ultimately ruined my printer because the inkjets became clogged. I tried everything to get them unclogged, but it just never printed the same (color, sharpness). With this second unit, I will only use the Epson ink. I'll just have to try to find good deals on the price.

16. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I just get mine at walmart so far they have been the cheapest that I can find