Ink Refill Place

Discussion in Office Supplies started by Deeishere • Mar 9, 2016.

1. Deeishere

DeeishereActive Member

Threads:
    Has anyone ever tried the stores that sell ink refills? I just recently tried one in my area and boy what a difference in price. For ink at Office Depo, without any deals I have to pay about $40 for color and about $30 for black. I went to this ink refill store in my area and they only charged me $10 for color and $8 for black. That's about a $50 savings. You just need to have your ink cartridge I don't know do they provide new ones.

2. Briannagodess

BriannagodessActive Member

Threads:
    Hello! We used to have our ink cartridges filled as well in an ink refill place. But we have had one printer damaged because of ink refilling in that place. I don't know though what happened... It just suddenly did not work one day.

So after that incident, we resorted to buying ink cartridges with ink from the manufacturer of the brand itself. It's a lot more expensive but at least our printer won't be destroyed.

So I guess you would need to take caution with these ink refill places. Yes, they can be cheaper but they can also be low quality. Find an ink refill shop that is reputable so you won't end up damaging your printer.

3. Deeishere

DeeishereActive Member

Threads:
    Thanks for the information. I am just curious, did you have your printer for a long time? I know I had a cannon and it just died, but I had it for a long time. I didn't use print refills at the time. But I will keep in mind what you are saying. Fortunately I am using it on an old printer and I have a new printer I have not used yet. So if this one breaks then yes I will just buy the regular ones. So far the quality is pretty good.

4. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have in the past used the refill kits that you can get at the stores but had them leaking ink so badly in my printer it caused damage so now I also just purchase the brand ink for my printer which is getting hard to find as Kodak stopped support their printers.

5. purplepen88

purplepen88Active Member

Threads:
    I get my ink cartridges filled at Costco. It is quite inexpensive to refill the cartridges and I find the quality of the ink just as good as if I had bought a Canon refill. I've been doing this for over 3 years and it hasn't caused any problems with my printer. It's about the same price $10 for a refill which is a great savings compared to buying the Canon ink refills. I have saved a lot of money doing this.

6. Briannagodess

BriannagodessActive Member

Threads:
    Hmmm... I remember that printer is at least 5 years old already. But before using those ink refills, it worked perfectly. But maybe its age and the use of the ink refills have something to do with it. That's good though that you did not use the ink refills on the new printer. I hope your old printer doesn't suffer the same fate as ours! Haha!;p

7. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Our office is a cheapskate when it comes to office supplies. Our general services department used to patronize those ink refill stations until the refillable ink cartridges became in fashion. Now we are issued those ink in bottles for refillable cartridges. But for special printers particularly the printer of the boss, it is still the original cartridge that is disposable. And why so? The quality of the disposable cartridge is still the best compared to the refills.

8. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    We only get our ink from these places nowadays. The official ones are just way too expensive and having these as options it's definitely a much better choice. The best thing about it is that there is even new technology now so we don't even have to keep refilling the small cartridges anymore, and instead we just need to bring the printer once to a shop and have it outfitted with an external feeding device and now we can get much bigger refills that we only have to replace every few months.

9. jneanz

jneanzActive Member

Threads:
    I remember that you had to be especially careful with the syringe. It was almost like performing surgery lol. But when I got my first Lexmark, those kits definitely came in handy.