Innovative Products Of 2014

Discussion in Computers, Electronics & Gadgets started by DrRipley • Feb 6, 2015.

1. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I've seen a lot of gadgets pop up last year made by both big companies and independent makers alike. Some seemed to be a bit silly and some seemed to be promising. VR technology, for example, got a lot more attention in the last year, and also Apple unveiled their plans for Apple Pay and their smartwatch. Is there any obscure or less popular new gadget or technological advancement in the last year that you think is worth more attention, or even better, worth buying? Please share some of your discoveries here.

2. hellavu

hellavuActive Member

Threads:
    I liked the 3D pens! They seem like a cool way to get into that 3D printing trend, but on a much smaller scale (and also, for around 100 bucks, it's a pretty cool gift!)

3. troutski

troutskiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I mean, there were tons of things that popped up in 2014. I couldn't even start to go into detail. However, most of the technologies and innovations that came out weren't perfected or ready for market yet. 2015 is going to be the year where these things truly start to hit the consumer market and give us a taste of what can be done with even more advanced technologies.

4. deathbyprayer

deathbyprayerActive Member

Threads:
    Wow there are a lot of things that pop out last year. I don't really think there is one my mind right now that is obscure. I think VR headsets are going to be a great thing in the near future once the developers really get it running.

5. ZenShopper

ZenShopperNew Member

Threads:
    Has anybody managed to experience Microsoft's new Holographic system? It is downright radical and awesome!

I presume it's called the Hololens. They launched it last month. It adds a layer of virtual reality over your surrounding, turning the environment around you into a highly interactive and highly immersive playground.

It's mental, and I can't wait to see the implications of this in our day to day lives.

If anyone's keen on checking out what it truly is, here's a video