Installment Plans: Cheap, But Are They Worth It?

Discussion in Landline & Mobile Phone Networks started by RomanAnthonysMama • Feb 1, 2015.

1. RomanAnthonysMama

RomanAnthonysMamaMember

Threads:
    I've been a member of Sprint for going on ten years, maybe even more. I had a free upgrade I was going to use close to a year ago, but when I went to the store the only thing they could offer me free with an upgrade was an iPhone 4S, and I really didn't want it. The sales representative ended up talking me into an installment plan for the Samsung Galaxy S5, that was only out for 5 days at that point. Looking back, it was so foolish of me to agree to the plan when I had a free upgrade to begin with! I should have just waited until another phone was available.

Anywho, I am now signed up for this 24 month payment plan. It's been a year, and I still obviously have a whole year left! I've heard if I trade it in, they sometimes cut the price in half or something so you don't owe them tons of money, but I really was foolish and feel ripped off.

Are any of you participating in an installment plan program? What do you think of them?