Interesting Convenience Store Products

Discussion in Misc & Others started by DrRipley • Jan 31, 2015.

1. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    Convenience stores here have been getting a lot more interesting lately as there have been more and more of them popping up and with that boom in popularity their products have also gotten more diverse. I like that now our convenience stores offer more obscure products like soy milk whereas before most of what you'd find was just chips, slushies, and sodas. There are also lots of ready to eat meals now including cold sandwiches and microwavable rice meals.

What are some of the interesting products that you find in your local convenience stores nowadays?

2. H.C. Heartland

H.C. HeartlandActive Member

Threads:
    I love the section in some of the convenience stores that offer 'As Seen on T.V.' products. I think these products are usually of really good quality and work. But they are offered for a limited time and so you won't be able to get them if you wait. I hate buying things off of T.V. though because it is a pain to return. If you can check it out at your convenience store, then you can alteast see what you're getting and it is easier to return if you don't like it.

3. Squigly

SquiglyActive Member

Threads:
    I think it would be the presence of microwaves/hot kettles of water so that your ready-made meals/ramen noodles can be enjoyed hot. It's nothing too innovative but it's a nice service gesture on their part.

4. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Well 7/11 stores have some of the most interesting selections I've seen in a convenience store. They sell boiled eggs and hot pot cups aside from the usual slurpee, coffee and icecream cone. I like that they sell weird but healthy stuff. I particularly like the wheat grass beverage.

5. LAGuy

LAGuyMember

Threads:
    My partner is from Quebec, and one of the things I found amazing was in the local convenience store you could buy sheets of "host-holes"... Hosts are those little wafers that the priest gives people during communion in the Catholic Church.

In Quebec you can walk into the corner store and buy a package filled with 5 or 6 flat sheets filled with holes where the hosts used to be... I'm not sure what people do with them.. A snack?