Interesting Way to Save a Little Money

Discussion in Misc & Others started by toradrake • Dec 24, 2014.

1. toradrake

toradrakeActive Member

Threads:
    I found an interesting way to shop and save a little money. If you become an affiliate for a product or service that you want, you get back a percentage of the money you spent for purchasing it. For instance, if I were an Amazon associate, I could purchase a product from amazon from my affiliate link and get the item for the same price as everyone else. The difference is that whatever my pay percentage is for that item, I get that back. So basically I get a discount on the item. I used to do this and saved quite a bit of money, but I dropped away from it because I lost internet for quite some time. Now that I am back online again, that is how I save a huge chunk of change. Just be careful. You can become irresponsible with this. Not everything is a good deal. You have to see what your percentage is and the overall price of the product being sold by others first. Do not just jump on what looks good. Do your research. There are also scams out there that are associated with affiliate links... got to learn how to weed them out.

Just some intel to help you out for the New Year. Merry Christmas Everyone!

2. Happyflowerlady

HappyflowerladyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I think that this is an excelent idea. I have thought about doing this, and my whole family shops on Amazon a lot. If I had an affiliate link, I am sure that they would be willing to use that link so I could also make a little bit of money when they shopped, besides what I saved for myself.
    My concern is about getting the link and what do you do with it ? Do you have to have a website to put the link on or an you just have the affiliate link and send it to people to use ?
    Another thing that I was wondering about was that when I was checking it out on Amazon, it kind of looked like you have to be advertising a specific product and then the link was only good for a certain number of days.
    I would love to have some more information on how you set up the link.
    I think that it is an awesome idea, if I just knew how to do it.

3. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'll try to help:

GO to blogger.com and create a blog > Post a few articles on your blog > Create a new Amazon account > Find the Join Associates Button at the bottom of the page and click on it > Complete the steps that follow > You'll at some point enter your website's URL and answer some questions [about it] > Then click Finish.

Wait for Amazon to review your site. You'll get an email notifying you of their decision to either approve or reject your new Amazon Associates account.

Once approved you can add your Amazon Associates affiliate links to your blog and any time you want to shop click go to your blog, click on the link. You'll earn a commission on any product which you buy on Amazon.

If you want to you can copy your affiliate links and send it to friends and family. You could ask them to bookmark it so any time they want to buy anything from amazon you'll earn a commission if they use that link to get into Amazon.

4. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    This is the first time I'm hearing of Amazon Associates. I briefly explored the world of affiliate marketing but my interest never got to the point where I was hooked. Not long after, someone shared that for AM to work, you really have to invest some money. I'm not sure I'd like to do so at this point, so I dropped the whole AM thing. The setup offered by Amazon is far more convenient - that is if people don't mind clicking your affiliate link to shop through the site.

5. 003

003Well-Known Member

Threads:
    Eat the basic nutrient. Enjoy and savour them. Don't try things that are expensive. Settle for what's good, but cheap. In short be practical. Like for me, I don't drink any beverage. I only drink water, and we all know that flavoured beverages are more expensive than a bottle of water. And as much as I can bring my own food and own water, I do, as long as they are not causing me inconvenience of bringing them.

6. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    @toradrake@toradrake That sounds very clever and a way that you can save money. I never thought of doing this actually. However I bet it would work. The problem is when it comes to shopping I never think of these little tidbits. These are some of the ways that we are going to the options that we need to do if we want to save money on our goods and services.

#6Nov 25, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 17, 2017
  7. Jason76

Jason76Active Member

Threads:
    Actually, people who work at fast food restaurants probably do it a lot. For instance, someone working at McDonald's might eat Big Macs etc. every other day - knowing about the employee discount. I cannot say I really blame them. Nonetheless, the stuff you get at a discount might not always be the most healthy thing to eat, or you might get tired of stuff from the same place.