Internet browsers

Discussion in Software PC & Mac started by GavinMcresty • Apr 4, 2013.

1. GavinMcresty

GavinMcrestyMember

Threads:
    Which internet browser do you use? And why? Have you always used that one? Is there any reason you chose that in particular? What would make you consider changing to another one?
    Or, did you switch from using another browser? What made you change? Would you ever go back?
    Personally, I use Firefox. It seems to work fine on my computer. I have tried Chrome but it is very slow and often crashes completely because it has tried to use too much memory. I do not know whether this is typical or not. In addition, Chrome automatically sends information about the sites you browse to Google. This happens even in private/incognito mode. As a result, I avoid using it even on other computers. I also have Opera installed as a backup browser but I do not use it terribly often. It is occasionally useful for downloading files though. Sometimes only Opera is able to perform the download for some reason.

2. dorothymoreno

dorothymorenoActive Member

Threads:

I actually use chrome mostly now because it seems to be a lot faster then some of the others. I used to use Internet Explorer but now I just use now and again because it was always crashing and very slow. I have also used Firefox and still do sometimes, it is a really good browser as well, although I did have some problems with it crashing sometimes. I used Opera awhile back and it is rather fast and as you said good for downloading things, it is a very light and fast browser.
    Right now I have IE, Firefox,and Chrome browsers, always have more then one for backup. My main browser is Chrome and I have been using it for about two years as my main browser,I used to use Firefox as my main one till it started crashing so much. I am always looking for new browsers to try too.

3. lindbergh

lindberghWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I use Google Chrome when I'm using my Android device and I use Mozilla Firefox when I'm using my netbook. Google Chrome is superb for Android devices. It could open any website in a snap. I like Firefox when using my netbook because it has a lot of add ons that I find very useful.

4. mrsgeedee

mrsgeedeeActive Member

Threads:
    I too am using Chrome. For me is the fastest browser compared to IE and Firefox. The look is also very minimal and simple. Not too many stuffs and toolbars. My backup browser is Opera. It's just like Chrome. ;)

5. addicted_buyer

addicted_buyerExpert

Threads:
    Chrome user reporting. It's the fastest web browser I've used, and also the simplest and easiest to customize. I was a Firefox user before, and I've always liked Chrome better.

6. Treighsie

TreighsieActive Member

Threads:
    I'm using internet explorer. I was using chrome for a long time, and I loved it... but then it somehow crashed... and I couldn't bring it back up, so I went back to ie. And actually, my work website can only be brough up on ie. Weird. But in that respect, ie works for me.

7. Bloomatic

BloomaticActive Member

Threads:
    Currently I use Mozilla Firefox. I development 90% of my online activity in the platform that offers me this internet browser. Maybe it's a bit slower than Google Chrome, but its functionality is most suited to my needs. However, I use Google Chrome for specific tasks and I get good results. I believe that we generate empathy with the browser and in many cases there isn't "reasonable grounds" for that election. Beyond that, we chose a internet browser that has a balance of speed, security, support and capacity to multiply their functionality.

8. melovesengland

melovesenglandMember

Threads:
    I like google chrome, that's what I was using back home but when I moved in with my husband and migrated and since hes using firfox I got used to it now. Its alright firefox but sometimes when they have update some of the websites go funny like betting websites online.

9. BlackSolaris

BlackSolarisActive Member

Threads:
    Mozilla Firefox, just cause i used it for so long and it has so many plugins that i need when daily browsing my usual websites. It never failed me, so until then, i will hang out with this foxy browser.

10. nash22

nash22Active Member

Threads:
    I am currently using Firefox. It's way faster and sometimes do work on some sites and they actually work better with Firefox or they require Firefox. I think Chrome is good too, I just think that it needs a little more work too, especially a drop down address bar. It's so annoying when I have to type it in all the time.

11. Nick2011

Nick2011Active Member

Threads:
    MSN 9, Google Chrome, and IE8. I LOVE CHROME FOR BROWSING! MSN 9 is good for working, writing articles and such. IE8 I just have because ya know, helps to be up to date. But I don't use IE nearly enough to bother upgrading to IE10.

12. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    I use Chrome almost entirely now. I used to use Firefox, but it started having issues and I just had to let it go. Even now, when I try to use it, it almost always crashes or lags a bunch, so I can't stand to use it. :(

13. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I still use Firefox because I can customize it. I do use Chrome, but I think of it as a big piece of spyware despite the anonymous browsing. I have never been a fan of IE. It used to crash and freeze all the time. I'm sure that's fixed now, but I have moved on.

14. zuluguy

zuluguyNew Member

Threads:
    I use two browsers, I use Safari on my mac for things such as facebook and twitter, then I use chrome for anything movie related such as youtube or watching things online. I use chrome for all other web browsing really apart from Facebook and Twitter. I don't know why I do this I just feel that chrome is better for surfing the web but Safari tends to load twitter and facebook faster. Also I use chrome because it supports gestures with the Mac track pad so I can scroll and go forward or back on a webpage faster :)

15. Jaaaakee

JaaaakeeNew Member

Threads:
    I use Chrome, it's fast, reliable and the extensions aswell as themes mean you can customise it to suit you. The adblock means whenever I'm on the prowl looking through numberous youtube videos I don't have to spend half my time watching advertisements. I've also found it's incredibly user friendly and is easy to change the setting to make Google the default browser and change the homepage (unlike other browsers - not naming names). Chrome is working for me and I can't see myself switching browser unless something revolutionary is invented, then I'll think about it.

16. Victor Leigh

Victor LeighActive Member

Threads:
    My main browser is Firefox. I am now up to version 20. I also have Chrome and Opera. They are just for checking on how my sites look like. Some people say Chrome is faster than Firefox but for me there's hardly any difference in speed between the two. However Firefox has got all the addons which I use, so I am sticking with Firefox.

17. lindbergh

lindberghWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I mainly use Mozilla Firefox when I browse the Internet using my netbook. I find it more functional than Google Chrome. However, when I use my Samsung Galaxy Note 2, I mainly use Google Chrome since it is easier to use, has a better interface, and supports the multi-Window feature of the device.

18. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I use Chrome because I think it is the lightest of them all. I especially saw the effects of this on my older laptop which was extremely slow. Whenever I booted up a Firefox browser it took exponentially longer than it did when I opened a Chrome one. I don't see much downsides to using Chrome other than having a few glitches recently with flash and the browser itself but I was able to fix those pretty quickly and easily.

19. schomeearnings

schomeearningsBanned

Threads:
    As most I started using Internet Explorer, but it seemed like day by day it started getting slower and slower. I also started working from home and the system I was using I had to use FireFox so I downloaded Firefox and I saw how fast it was and I feel in love. I downloaded it on all my PC's and it was amazing. I also tried Google Chrome before I added Firefox, and I didn't like it either because I felt it was slow. Recently I downloaded it again on my laptop do to a program I was working the owner said it only worked with Google Chrome and I wanted to try it again. I have to say I actually love it now. It is fast, it is convenient, and if you have a Google Account it is so convenient. I still use Internet Explorer for one thing. To log into my main business,for chat, that way I can hear sound. For some reason my chat doesn't have sound on Firefox. I haven't tried Google Chrome yet for sound.

20. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have always used Chrome since 2011, but before that, I use Internet Explorer. Firefox has lots of issues from my experience in showing websites properly, and IE loads quite slow in my opinion, so right now I'm sticking to Chrome.