IP Address Change

Discussion in Internet Broadband Access started by iluvmario • Oct 15, 2012.

1. iluvmario

iluvmarioActive Member

Threads:
    How do I change my IP Address? I have tried unplugging my model and this does not work. Does anyone know how I can change my IP address easily without messing with the registry? I have AT&T U verse service.

2. tosaytheleast

tosaytheleastActive Member

Threads:
    Try using proxy server services and also VPN services. There are free and paid services like that of Hotspot Shield. It changes your IP everytime you connect so you wont actually have a stable IP. Usually IP addresses of Hotspot Shield are just random US IPs.

3. gina121

gina121Active Member

Threads:
    Yeah, I agree with tosaytheleast. Provided you have got a dynamically assigned IP address by your internet service provider, your IP is determined by your provider's DHCP configuration. Proxy servers & VPN help completely mask your IP address. I just realized that Hotspot Shield is actually free for browsing anonymously. I'd give it a shot soon and even avail of their 7-day free trial. thanks for that tip.

4. iRichard

iRichardMember

Threads:
    If you want to change your IP address, you can use a proxy server or Netshade. I think they both work great!

5. Aladar

AladarWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Proxy servers and free VPNs will never work for 100%, AND they are slow. You have to either ask your ISP or buy an actual VPN.

6. sadhana

sadhanaNew Member

Threads:
    Once again you have to reset your modem.If it is dynamic,then your IP will change.You can check your IP from the site

whether it is change or not.If it is remain same,then it is static IP.So you have to ask your ISP to change your IP.

7. mmug

mmugAdministrator
    Administrator

Threads:
    Have you tried an VPN service such as hidemyass.com?

8. wilsonjames829

wilsonjames829New Member

Threads:
    It can use IP Address change if the internet is low to change other country fastest connection.

9. mbarrett

mbarrettNew Member

Threads:
    Your best best is call your ISP and ask them to change it for whatever reason. You might need to identify yourself as the owner of your account with AT&T. If you can't be bothered to do that, try buying a VPN which will hide your IP address. Free proxy services like Hotspot Shield are OK, but they are very slow and don't work very well. Good luck with changing your IP!

10. mizrael

mizraelMember

Threads:
    I am guessing you were banned from a website and you're trying to get back on, this happened to me once before ,The best way to change your IP address is to swap out your network card for a new one It's the only way, Unless of course you have another computer that you can use, or you can call your network provider and asked them for a new IP address, just tell them the truth, most of the time they'll do it, other than that you can use a utility to mask your IP address, something like, Hide My IP, there's a bunch of them out there too much to list on here. I tried it, it works but I find that it slows my computer down so I just swap out my network card. Good luck.

#10Jun 15, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2013