ipad mini

Discussion in Product Reviews started by gmckee1985 • Oct 13, 2014.

1. gmckee1985

gmckee1985Active Member

Threads:
    bought an ipad mini a couple of months ago and i couldn't be happier with it. i decided to go with the smaller version of the device because i didn't really see the need for the larger versions. it functions perfectly, takes great photos and is super fast in terms of download speeds and internet browsing. i love it. would definitely recommend to others.

2. DancingLady

DancingLadyActive Member

Threads:
    I much is an ipad mini these days? I have seen them around a lot, seems like a very popular little tablet. I don't know that a tablet would be worth the money for me right now, but it sure looks like a fun gadget to have if you can afford it.

3. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I agree. I have a regular iPad and my friend has the iPad mini and there really isn't much difference in the performance between the two. Both are very well made and the great thing about them is that they don't slow down at all even with age or full storage. Mine has almost always been completely full but it never lags on me even with multiple programs turned on.

4. gmckee1985

gmckee1985Active Member

Threads:
    I paid about $240 for mine. It was onsale at Wal-Mart and I couldn't pass up the price. It's not the retina version of the Ipad mini. I'm not sure if Wal-Mart still has that sale going on but you should be able to get an Ipad mini online in the $260-$300 range.

5. JessiFox

JessiFoxActive Member

Threads:
    Hm, nice to hear a recent review- I've never had one but I have considered it before. That's not a bad price range for it, either. Good to know for sure, thanks for sharing your thoughts on it.

6. lrd913

lrd913Active Member

Threads:
    I have an iPad 2 for awhile and I love it. I actually thought about buying the iPad Mini but I wanted a larger screen to view my PDF textbooks for school. I've heard really great things about the iPad Mini and one of my friends has one of them. She loves it. I think that any tablet that Apple brings out is a good deal. I don't need a Retina display and I love my iPad. It might be an older version but it works really well. I've never had any problems with it.

7. gmckee1985

gmckee1985Active Member

Threads:
    Have you ever thought about upgrading to a new version of the ipad, or even the ipad air? Or are you satisfied with what you have now? Since you have an older model you could probably trade it in and get a new one for a pretty reasonable price. Ipads hold their trade in value pretty well over time. Though some places will definitely try to low ball you. Just something to consider.

8. Sugarhill

SugarhillActive Member

Threads:
    Is there any chance that you can still return it as they are about to announce the new iPad Mini 3, if they haven't already. I haven't had time to go look at my tech sites. Maybe you can still flip it for a significant price and buy the new one. Since it's new to you, go with the latest and greatest.

9. lrd913

lrd913Active Member

Threads:
    I've thought about upgrading but haven't decided yet. I've had my iPad 2 for almost two years. It works just as well as the day I bought it.

I am satisfied with the model I have right now, but that doesn't mean I won't upgrade sometime in the future. I've looked at the latest models and I really like the iPad Air but I don't see the point in replacing something that works fine. They just announced the new models of the iPads today, so the older models will be coming down in price. I usually don't get rid of my products until they start to lag on me.

I have a MacBook Pro that is a few years old and it still works really well. I also still have a 5 year old iPod Nano that works great. I get more than my moneys worth with my Apple products.

I used Gazelle in the past a year or so ago to sell an old iPhone and I got more than I thought I would. I usually look around before I decide where I will trade-in/sell.

10. gmckee1985

gmckee1985Active Member

Threads:
    Yeah, apple products are pretty reliable and seem to last a long time so I'm in no rush to upgrade either. I will eventually. Mainly because I like the new fingerprint technology. Makes it less likely someone is going to steal your device. So I'd like to upgrade at some point in the near future. It's not because of any drop off in performance from my ipad mini though. It still works as well as it did on the first day I got it.

11. lrd913

lrd913Active Member

Threads:
    I'm sure I'll upgrade in the future, but that could be a year or two down the road. I like the fact that I never seem to be losing the money I spend on any Apple device. They retain their value extremely well and they are quality products. In the time that I've had my Macbook Pro, my sister has gone through 3 laptops from other brands. I get a lot of use out of my products and the performance is always well above my expectations.

I'm not sure if the fingerprint ID would be enough to make me decide to upgrade, though I think it's a really great idea. I might have to go to one of the stores to see how it works.

12. gmckee1985

gmckee1985Active Member

Threads:
    The new models of the IPAD were just unveiled a couple of days ago. They look pretty sweet to me. You can check them out here:

. Similar look to the previous editions, just with some upgraded software and innovations.

13. Sugarhill

SugarhillActive Member

Threads:
    OP, don't get the iPad Mini 3. From what I've read, it seems to be exactly what you bought just with the sensor added on and NOTHING more. It would be a waste of your money at this point.