iPad sale at BestBuy.com---100 dollars off with 2-year agreement

Discussion in Hot Deals started by CSomm • Mar 2, 2014.

1. CSomm

CSommMember

Threads:
    Sure, you've got to get it in store, and you have to be willing to activate it with a 2-year agreement for AT&T, Sprint or Verizon Wireless, but this is still a pretty good deal---basically this is what I've been waiting for to pick up the newest iPad Air!

Does this get anyone else excited? I love it when companies do a major sale price drop.

2. dan213

dan213New Member

Threads:
    That isn't a bad deal but I hate 2-year agreements. I am in one now and actually just went to Verizon over the weekend to check out their new program that cancels out the contract.

3. CSomm

CSommMember

Threads:
    I've never had a problem with a 2-yr agreement personally, but I've certainly heard some stories. I understand why the companies do it---they want guaranteed business in exchange for a reduced rate on high end electronics---but it can become a pretty unhappy relationship for both parties if things turn sour. Of course, the companies rarely care as much as the customer does in this exchange, but if you are a good thorn in their side, they'll set you free before watching you smear them all over the internet.

4. DankAllen

DankAllenBanned

Threads:
    I hate when they pull you in to a contract by giving you a good deal. They always hike up the prices on you after the fact and it costs a lot of money to try and get out of the contract ahead of time.

5. RomanAnthonysMama

RomanAnthonysMamaMember

Threads:
    That actually is a good deal, thank you for letting us know! I'm not sure if I would go through with it when it comes to Best Buy though, because I have had trouble with them honoring my contracts with them in the past. For instance, one time I bought a laptop there, and I had full coverage for 2 years. Well, they changed their coverage policies that same year, so when my laptop needed repairs, they gave me such a hassle about it.

6. costin

costinActive Member

Threads:
    So do I, it`s annoying to know I`m forced to stick to a carrier for 2 years. If, during this period of time, I notice something attractive on a rival carrier, either I have to sign for another contract (guess what? another 2-year contract) or accept the immense loss that the carrier is justified to ask from me, following the terms of the contract

7. jewel777

jewel777Active Member

Threads:
    I hate the way that these companies lure you in by offering a sweet deal. And they're usually limited time offers, so you don't have a lot of time to think things over, comparison shop, etc. If it's a company I trust or have friends who have had good experiences with them, then I feel a little better about it though.

8. Bryan Cassidy

Bryan CassidyNew Member

Threads:
    That's a really good deal since you would most likely be buying the agreement anyway. The problem with saying you hate 2 year agreements is like saying that you hate paying fees when someone pays you through a credit card. Sure it's not fun but what other options do you have? The best carriers require long-term contracts and I assume you would want to sign up with a carrier and not just use wi-fi.

9. mikelouis

mikelouisActive Member

Threads:
    It is a good deal but am not a fan of using contract plans. I prefer to be prepaid. I was once a member of a contract but later reverted to my old habits. Maybe it is about time I tried it once again. I will be checking out the iPad and see if I can get it.